Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any impressions on any one ship as the most powerful? Only played twice so far, but the ship that gives you +2 movement seems like the best one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vahe K
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the one you pay one less favor to change your die color extremely powerful
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Quicho
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I quite like the God ship, especially at higher player counts. The ability to move up a god almost every turn is a huge boon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SIMONE COLOMBO
Italy
Genova
GE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, i think it's just the same sensation as the characters of Marco Polo: "this one is overpowered! No, this one is even better! No...".
What i think is that they are all powerful, but perfectly balanced, as in every Stefan Feld/Tascini/Luciani game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Kalenda
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I get to move a god on almost every other player's move even without the "god ship", except maybe on turn one. That's because I usually push at least one more god up in my first move and as soon as possible make sure at least three gods are in the white clouds.

So in my opinion that particular ship saves you a couple of actions and gives you a little more flexibility, which is nice, but currently, after 5 or 6 plays, I prefer the ones that improve dice manipulation. I tend to roll the wrong colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rupert Rupinette
United States
Jonesboro
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that lets you move your dice counterclockwise is nice too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played my third game today, and the god-booster ship was quite powerful.

So in the end, it would seem they are all good, if played well. Nice to see that they are all balanced/powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a 2 player game the god ship seemed overpowered especially as after triggering the god effect, they become re-usable. If I've understood the rules correctly, the god track returns back to the bottom otherwise and requires re-activating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our favorite is the Gods ship. I think over 50% of my games so far (8 or so games) has been won by the player with the god ship. I am thinking of removing it for the next game we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hard to say; they are all neat. The ship that lets you discard one of your objectives has always won when it has been played, but it was only used in 3 games so far.

Quote:
In a 2 player game the god ship seemed overpowered especially as after triggering the god effect, they become re-usable...

It looks better in a 2 player game, but it really isn't; it always gives you a one-stop boost over not having it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
The ship that lets you discard one of your objectives has always won when it has been played, but it was only used in 3 games so far.

That ship has been chosen in only one game I've played, and it won. It is not very sexy so nobody usually picks it, but I can see how it might be the best of the lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to pick a favorite, or a most powerful (they can be different!) instead I'm going to categorize them into what I think the three tiers would be.

Tier 1
*Each turn, 1 Oracle Die can be any color Gives you the chance to always do one thing you need to each round. Always be able to pick up that item, always raise that one god. You'll never truly be stuck with no options. Combos well with a creature champion.

Start with 1 Equipment Card and Oracle Card Many equipment cards give you bonuses equal to or greater than other ship tiles. You also get the chance to pick up a card that best suits the map layout and/or your specific play style.

Start and return Gods to the player count row You'll (almost) always be able to raise a god up after each players turn. This tile is stronger with more players, but also gets weaker as the game progresses (gods become obsolete).

Tier 2
Ship range increased by 2 Great mobility, can save you one or more actions each round. But movement is one of the easiest things to do in the game. More (or less) powerful depending on map layout.

Recoloring cost reduced by 1 Doesn't seem strong, but allows each die to act as two colors without needing to spend any favor tokens. Further recoloring still comes at a discount.

Recolor dice in either direction (4 cargo) Being able to change color in either direction will open up more options each round, and save you lots of Favor. Extra cargo is nice, but rarely needed.

Start with +2 Shields Shields are (somewhat) easy to obtain during the game. But starting out with some protect you from the Titan, and helps you kill monsters earlier to get useful equipment cards.

Tier 3
Start with 1 Zeus Tile completed, without receiving its reward As you get no reward, this is best used on an island where the reward is small and you can avoid having to serach for one of your islands.

*Start with 1 Offering of your choice from the board (3 Cargo) Offerings are easy tasks, so this doesn't save you many actions. Can be useful if there is a hard to reach offering to deliver. Extra cargo is nice, but rarely used.

Gain +1 Favor whenever you gain Favor Will increase your favor gain but other options are more efficient in saving you Favor and/or Actions.

*Seafarer Expansion Tile

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff W
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:

Quote:
In a 2 player game the god ship seemed overpowered especially as after triggering the god effect, they become re-usable...

It looks better in a 2 player game, but it really isn't; it always gives you a one-stop boost over not having it.

I think god bumps are better in 2 player games. Look at something like the god bump you get when fulfilling a shrine. That is worth a lot more in a 2 player game because you have moved 1/4th of the way toward a god award versus a 1/6th of the way toward an award.

Yes the frequency of advancing your god via other player rolls is lower, but the actual bump is worth more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
junesen wrote:
I think god bumps are better in 2 player games. Look at something like the god bump you get when fulfilling a shrine. That is worth a lot more in a 2 player game because you have moved 1/4th of the way toward a god award versus a 1/6th of the way toward an award.

Yes the frequency of advancing your god via other player rolls is lower, but the actual bump is worth more.

I think the frequency is the stronger factor with this god tile. In a 2 player game, at most the opponent needs to spend 1 action to equal you. In a 3 or 4 player game you're spending 2 or 3 actions to equal the god tile owner. Still, I don't think it's as powerful at any level, as it first seems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giancarlo Sorrentino
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Gods bump tile is more powerful with a higher player count. Let's see in this way: with 2 players, if you want to use all the gods, you need 6x4=24 bumps, but you only receive one bump per turn. With 4 players, you need 6x6=36 bumps, but you receive 3 bumps per turn, so you only need 12 turns to use all the gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Cracker
United States
Olmsted Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
What a cool guy!
badge
Never rub another man's rhubarb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Friendship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renard wrote:
I think the Gods bump tile is more powerful with a higher player count. Let's see in this way: with 2 players, if you want to use all the gods, you need 6x4=24 bumps, but you only receive one bump per turn. With 4 players, you need 6x6=36 bumps, but you receive 3 bumps per turn, so you only need 12 turns to use all the gods.

This is a perfect and simple explanation of the potential strength of this tile at different player counts.

MrMzchf wrote:
Friendship

This is just perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert F-C
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
renard wrote:

One way to slightly debuff this tile when playing at the full player count would be to say that you don't move the God tiles above the line initially (or after reset) but instead the you can bump any God marker on other peoples' turns even if it hasn't been started yet. And maybe take an Oracle card to rebalance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.