Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse the Fourth
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, we cracked out Lunarchitects and ended up with an interesting occurrence - a player got absolutely locked out of being able to make another move. They ended their turn with their single astronaut completely surrounded by tiles and no way to move him out.

What should we do in that case? We gave everyone moves until his next move, then scored end of game then, but it felt very off. It did, however, win him the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Fischbein
United States
Sacramento
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question during my first (solo) playthrough. I ALMOST ended up leaving myself with no legal placements, and noticed it just in time to move an astronaut and avoid disaster! But I was still left wondering what happens in that case... and luckily, there's an answer in the FAQ:

Quote:
What happens when I have no options to build any the blueprint tiles showing in the queue?
While this comes up VERY RARELY (theoretically never with decent planning), mistakes happen and this comes up once in a while. Our solution is to pay 5 points and move one of your astronauts to any tile in your base plan (just like the DRINK action of the expansion). That should do enough to find you a place to build. Note: this rule is not there to be abused, but as an escape valve for newer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagined this situation and figured I'd always teach new players to ensure that each play they make doesn't create an impossible situation for them. I think the fix in the faq is fair. I may up it to a cost of 10 on subsequent "offenses" by the same player. It won't get abused then for sure. But then I'd have no qualms calling out an experienced player should he/she attempt to abuse it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It used to be 10 points in the FAQ for offences, but then when the Coffee tile expansion was balanced out to 5 points, it felt wrong to make the penalty different so 5 points it became.
Whenever I teach (which I've done a few times), I always end the rules explanation with a couple of "strategic tips". One is that getting more astronauts is key to not forcing yourself into skipping tiles, or potentially even being locked out. Don't underestimate extra astronauts and Quarters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.