Subject: Replacing Mountain Tiles during the Action Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan The Dwarf
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been several instances during our plays where we have exhausted a mountain tile during the Action Phase (Phase 5). This actually happens quite regularly and leads to situations where players have no resources to take. We have only been able to play the 4 viking spot in the Mountain and Trade section which lets you take 2 resources from 4 different mountains once. This leads us to believe we are doing something wrong. We have been adding a new mountain tile during the Mountain strip phase (Phase 11) but have not been replacing tiles as they are used up during play. Should we be? We can't seem to find anything in the rules about replacing mountain tiles outside of phase 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
You are playing it correctly.

New mountain strips do not come out during the action phase.
They only come out during the "Update Mountain Strips" phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
One thing I recently realized I messed up in my first couple of games was the number of mountain strips that are supposed to be in play at the start of the game, so you might try double-checking that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chrondeath wrote:
One thing I recently realized I messed up in my first couple of games was the number of mountain strips that are supposed to be in play at the start of the game, so you might try double-checking that.

Yes, there should be two mountains available in 1-3 player games and 3 in 4 player games. Note that the latter means there will not be a new mountain added at the end of round 6 in a 4 player game. Otherwise you have been playing correctly. Not that it is not necessarily efficient to hoard a lot of resources, so on the long run you might exhaust the strips less.

Relatedly, also remember that you can buy ships with silver outright, making using wood for them less critical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.