Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Today was my best thrift outing in YEARS, and my heart jumped when I spotted a 1987 edition A&A on the shelf in a Goodwill store.

It was pretty exciting to pull the box off the shelf, and to feel the heft of it and see that the box itself is in quite good condition, with not so much as a single blown corner, but I was further astonished to see the price stickers for $1 in American money -- I had to blink and look again, I thought I'd misread the price!

laugh

This copy appears to be a well played but well cared for game, and it seems that it just may be complete except for the dice, though I won't know for sure until I've had time to sort and count everything. However, there are so many bits in the box that I'm quite sure that it's a playable copy even if it's not complete down to the last infantryman.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Great find, thanks for sharing!

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
midnight_reaper wrote:
Great find, thanks for sharing!

-M_R

Thanks! We don't have great game thrifting here in the Mayberry area, so it's real treat to see something truly special like one of the Gamemaster Series! This is only the second copy of A&A that I've found in 20 years of thrifting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
What a steal of a deal! Original copies of the game are very hard to find especially at a cheap price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice find!

If you find you are missing something, don't despair there is a great resource out there for A&A, and you can find anything you might be missing. If you are not already familiar with this site, it could be very useful. They have minis for just about every different version of A&A that has ever been published:

A&A pieces at HistoricalBoardgaming.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Tagging this on as I've completed the sort and tally process moments ago -- my new copy is all but complete!

I'm only missing one Russian battleship (which should make almost no difference), one German area marker (which probably makes little difference), and one US fighter plane (which I think will usually make little difference).

I've already made photos to get it listed to my local craigslist this evening, and will also work in the background to locate those parts, for which I've already posted an entry in the parts geeklist.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hensel
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gambiteer wrote:
I'm only missing one Russian battleship (which should make almost no difference), one German area marker (which probably makes little difference), and one US fighter plane (which I think will usually make little difference).

That Russian battleship may be crucial if my wife ever shares her Russian navy gambit with you (which she developed solely to piss off her ex-husband who took the game way too seriously).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.