Subject: Gods, Heroes, Monsters and Troops and Other Sugestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi all,

Watched every video on the web and this game got me pumped. I love the miniatures and admire what the producer is doing!

I've backed the KS and wonder if the following can be put in.

1. Griffin, please give some love to this legendary creature.

2. Lamia, mistress of Zeus. Need some special ability that affect other gods to give more depth to the game.

3. Sphinx, a lion with wings and a female head. (CHECK!)

4. Winged units with faster movement that allows more game strategy. (CHECK!)

5. Chimera, creature combine lion, goat and snake.

6. Pegasus, come on, how could this be not on the stretch goal already (CHECK!)

7. After watching the play through, it reminds me the good time I've had with 'Archon' (from Atari) only with super awesome miniature! That being said I would like to see a larger map and larger quantity of troops (they feel like under power canon folders and fetchers) on the map to give the game a more epic feel. The map now is a little too small and crowded, and the number of terrains are rather limited. The game also give me a strong tactical feel but it definitely need some more depth, may be as optional rules.

8. Please please please include a book of background story with your beautiful art. "The Others: 7 Sins" has nice game play and miniature too but it would benefit from a more thought out backstory to give player more immersion and understanding to the background. That would make a good game great and become truly a collector's dream come true.

9. Just my humble opinion, please keep the miniatures design elegant and tasteful (that is job well done so far!). Think of the statues you will put in a museum. Don't go too 'action figurely', flashy or lusty looking and you will have a classic. Although I still hope the female figures could look more curvy and with better posture, right now most of the goddess are not feminine enough to my taste.

Ok that's it for now guys. Please feel free to correct my mistake and give more suggestions. Have a nice day!

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check out the kickstarter page you will see that a few of your wishes have already been granted
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah yes, I missed the good Sphinx in the option buy.

Thanks, Oliver
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Archon... surprise

So long ago. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Griffin yes, my favorite mythological creature.

For the rest I'd like to see some fierce and dynamically posed looking female heroes, troops, Gods. As someone else already said, almost all the females in MB all tend to look somewhat passive and coy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have seen artwork with the Griffin, recently. So, it surely will appear at some point.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I only see the Griffin on the art book image but other than that I don't think it's confirmed yet *wink wink
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
alexlyf wrote:
Hi all,

Watched every video on the web and this game got me pumped. I love the miniatures and admire what the producer is doing!

I've backed the KS and wonder if the following can be put in.

1. Griffin, please give some love to this legendary creature.

2. Lamia, mistress of Zeus. Need some special ability that affect other gods to give more depth to the game.

3. Sphinx, a lion with wings and a female head. (CHECK!)

4. Winged units with faster movement that allows more game strategy. (CHECK!)

5. Chimera, creature combine lion, goat and snake.

6. Pegasus, come on, how could this be not on the stretch goal already

7. After watching the play through, it reminds me the good time I've had with 'Archon' (from Atari) only with super awesome miniature! That being said I would like to see a larger map and larger quantity of troops (they feel like under power canon folders and fetchers) on the map to give the game a more epic feel. The map now is a little too small and crowded, and the number of terrains are rather limited. The game also give me a strong tactical feel but it definitely need some more depth, may be as optional rules.

8. Please please please include a book of background story with your beautiful art. "The Others: 7 Sins" has nice game play and miniature too but it would benefit from a more thought out backstory to give player more immersion and understanding to the background. That would make a good game great and become truly a collector's dream come true.

9. Just my humble opinion, please keep the miniatures design elegant and tasteful (that is job well done so far!). Think of the statues you will put in a museum. Don't go too 'action figurely', flashy or lusty looking and you will have a classic. Although I still hope the female figures could look more curvy and with better posture, right now most of the goddess are not feminine enough to my taste.

Ok that's it for now guys. Please feel free to correct my mistake and give more suggestions. Have a nice day!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Nice wish list for the characters I do not want to spoil you the surprise but what I can tell is that most of the characters you listed are coming… and even more!

Benoit (Game Designer of Mythic Battles: Pantheon)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Benoit,

Thank you very much for replying this. That's some great news there!

Man, you guys are going to break so many bank accounts and wallets! LOL My congratulations!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kiwietha wrote:
It would be interesting to see the Muses. 9 models is a bit much to release as a set of troops, though, and also a bit large to separate out into heroes or gods. I was thinking they could go with the original three Muses: Melete, Mneme and Aiode (practice, memory and song) as a troop that gives surrounding models individual buffs depending on which of the Muses are still alive.

You remind me of the Muses in Xanadu. Geez I am old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
alexlyf wrote:

Man, you guys are going to break so many bank accounts and wallets! LOL My congratulations!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david demaret
France
paris
flag msg tools
designer
mb
alexlyf wrote:
Hi all,

7. After watching the play through, it reminds me the good time I've had with 'Archon' (from Atari) only with super awesome miniature!
Alex

wow ARCHON!!!
used to play this a lot on Amiga!
one of the best game ever made
and also ADEPT it's follow-up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Leung
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Awesome, the Pegasus is here! Sweeeeeeet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
It's certainly looking very great so far, I do have some suggestions as well for new additions to the game:

Gods:
-Hera.
-Dionysus.

Heroes:
-Chiron.
-Hippolyta.
-Perseus.

Creatures:
-Dryad.

Troops:
-Hippeis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hera, Chiron, and Perseus are all confirmed. Hippeis would be really cool though (I do want a bit more standard cavalry in this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.