Subject: Wendy's Amulet and Event Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
Wendy's Amulet says that if I play an Even it goes to the bottom of My dech instead of the discard pile.
Now i'm wondering, if I use an event Card from my hand to boost a skill test with the icons on the left, does that still count as having played the Event?
Else I would be able to spend them on a skill test and after that use te Event from the discard pile. Seems a bit OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No you cannot. That is not playing the event. You need to commit to a skill check that it's different
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
That's exactly how it's supposed to work. It's her signature card; it's supposed to be powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
No you cannot. That is not playing the event. You need to commit to a skill check that it's different

This.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Novais wrote:
Wendy's Amulet says that if I play an Even it goes to the bottom of My dech instead of the discard pile.
Now i'm wondering, if I use an event Card from my hand to boost a skill test with the icons on the left, does that still count as having played the Event?

Instead of "use" a card to boost a skill test, it is called "commit".

"The investigator performing the skill test may commit any number of cards with an appropriate skill icon from his or her hand to this test." After the test, "discard all cards that were committed to this skill test."

The to play a card: "an investigator must pay the card’s resource cost and meet any applicable play restrictions and conditions. Most cards can only be played by taking a play action"

Both quotes from the Rules Reference. So if you commit a card it is NOT played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
Ok so to clarify.
I Commit an event card for a skill test and put it in the discard pile.
After that i can take that event card from the discard pile and play it as if it were in my hand (as it is the top most event card).
And after that i put it on the bottom of my deck because i played the event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
Bingo!
You have just unlocked what I call the "Wonder Wendy" Deck.
Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fake name
msg tools
Stick as many events as you can, commit them first, then play them from the discard pile, to make them go back into the deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.