$15.00
$30.00
$20.00
$5.00
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
So much for the "DC cleaning"......
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/10/politics/donald-trump-transiti...

4 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isnt one of his first agenda items as president to prevent this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:
Isnt one of his first agenda items as president to prevent this?


I'm not sure a transition team being comprised of people who have "experience" rises to the level of the accusation in the OP. Obama made similar assertions that he would rid The Beltway of the infernal pests and what he did when he took office was the opposite.

I've read Trumps platform and because it's writ large on the internet I will bitterly complain if he doesn't follow through - he clearly stated he would drain the swamp by enacting a law (I don't think an Executive Order will suffice) to bar any former office holder or, as I recall, staffer, from doing business in DC for 5 years. I think that's a terrific idea and I hope it happens. I can see both sides of congress throwing fits and trying to stop it though. That's exactly the reason many of them run, to get a term or two in, learn the trade and then spend the rest of their life plowing the fertile soil of public money.

It's hardly along party lines, all of them fuckers do it.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
brkmrtn wrote:
Isnt one of his first agenda items as president to prevent this?


I'm not sure a transition team being comprised of people who have "experience" rises to the level of the accusation in the OP. Obama made similar assertions that he would rid The Beltway of the infernal pests and what he did when he took office was the opposite.

I've read Trumps platform and because it's writ large on the internet I will bitterly complain if he doesn't follow through - he clearly stated he would drain the swamp by enacting a law (I don't think an Executive Order will suffice) to bar any former office holder or, as I recall, staffer, from doing business in DC for 5 years. I think that's a terrific idea and I hope it happens. I can see both sides of congress throwing fits and trying to stop it though. That's exactly the reason many of them run, to get a term or two in, learn the trade and then spend the rest of their life plowing the fertile soil of public money.

It's hardly along party lines, all of them fuckers do it.


I disagree on one key point Tripp (and I've already posted this in another thread yesterday or earlier today).

They won't "try" to block it. Trump won't even get anything to sign unless they pass it. And support for lobbyists is the one true bipartisan issue where congress will lock arms against trump. It'll probably go into committee to be investigated and never come out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
brkmrtn wrote:
Isnt one of his first agenda items as president to prevent this?


I'm not sure a transition team being comprised of people who have "experience" rises to the level of the accusation in the OP. Obama made similar assertions that he would rid The Beltway of the infernal pests and what he did when he took office was the opposite.

I've read Trumps platform and because it's writ large on the internet I will bitterly complain if he doesn't follow through - he clearly stated he would drain the swamp by enacting a law (I don't think an Executive Order will suffice) to bar any former office holder or, as I recall, staffer, from doing business in DC for 5 years. I think that's a terrific idea and I hope it happens. I can see both sides of congress throwing fits and trying to stop it though. That's exactly the reason many of them run, to get a term or two in, learn the trade and then spend the rest of their life plowing the fertile soil of public money.

It's hardly along party lines, all of them fuckers do it.


I disagree on one key point Tripp (and I've already posted this in another thread yesterday or earlier today).

They won't "try" to block it. Trump won't even get anything to sign unless they pass it. And support for lobbyists is the one true bipartisan issue where congress will lock arms against trump. It'll probably go into committee to be investigated and never come out.


Yeah... this reminds me of an idea I had many years back when some people were pushing for line item veto (which is a terrible idea). A better solution to the endless amendments and filibusters is for the vice president to be able to introduce legislation into the house and senate simultaneously which must be given a yes/no vote, there would be no ability to amend the bill... just vote it up or down.

I said VP rather than the president to make the VP actually a useful position. The VP would have full control of the legislation submitted, regardless of the president's opinion on it (president would still be able to veto the bill as per usual). Obviously would require a constitution amendment so it would never happen, but I think it would really help break up the gridlock and reduce pork. The house/senate would still be able to introduce their own legislation, just that the VP originated legislation would always go straight to an up/down vote without the ability to amend it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.