Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
The Pursuit of Happiness expansion > Now on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone,

I am starting this thread as a place for public discussion regarding the upcoming campaign mode we are working on.

For those who anticipate it, I should start by saying that the difficulty of the campaign will be specific and we consider it to be hard or -in some cases- hard+.

In other words, we recommend that you learn the game a bit before trying the campaign mode, perhaps beat a few hard setups first

I am re-posting some the information we already announced.

Quote:
1) When beginning a campaign, players get to form a team of 5 Characters.
2) Campaigns are flexible so the number of players can vary from mission to mission. In other words you can play your first mission with 4 players, continue with 2 players and then return to 4 without any problems.
3) Players are not allowed to search for items and weapons as it is done in normal games. Instead, they start with specific stuff and get to acquire more throughout the campaign. This way they form an arsenal which is always at their disposal as the campaign progresses.
4) Wounded characters require actual time off to recover and heal some of their wounds. In other words, wounds stay on the Character from mission to mission. You can choose to keep a Character on the bench in order for him/her to recover and use another member of the team instead. This allows players choose different member of the team to play with each mission.
5) By completing missions, players get both Character benefits and team benefits. Those are represented in the form of multiple choice benefits for the team and XP for Character benefits.
6) Each mission in the campaign is sort of unique and has its own rules, setup etc.
7) There are two ways to lose the campaign. Losing a certain amount of times throughout the campaign OR if two team members die during the campaign.
8) When losing a mission something bad (randomly determined) will take place during your next mission. However there are also bad things happening permanently after specific numbers of loses.

We welcome your comments, questions and suggestions

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cool! thanks for this thread. I ve dying for this campaign (As you might have noticed, based on questions and some rants blush )

Questions coming:

Re #3 - you mention that players would acquired more items through the campaign. could yo tell us a bit more on how? is it specific reward from the campaign? is it different of you win vs loss that mission? is it random?

Re #5 what are "team benefits" could give some example? Were would that be kept track of?

RE #6 1st don't get me wrong I LOVE the game, but as I mentioned before, the only think that can get repetitive (which make us no play it continuously) and that objective are not too unique compare to each other; recon = recovery; destruction and the other one very similar. Some feel the same, just rolling a different die face. It was easy to fix, with some homebrew objective (which your game design aloud quite well...)
Anyway, here the question: could put some examples regarding how kind of objective you guys have plan for the campaign?

THanks!
and man I`m scare, we haven't being able to win HARD yet LOL
those damn dice HATE US... I spend almost 1/2 of my action phase trying to get a attack die and my bf trying to get a move die.. it was LOL LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chang_1910 wrote:

Re #3 - you mention that players would acquired more items through the campaign. could yo tell us a bit more on how? is it specific reward from the campaign? is it different of you win vs loss that mission? is it random?

Most of the times, weapons will be "unlocked" as team rewards after successfully completing a mission. They are then available to all team members. Items are "unlocked" by spending Character XP and are directly associated with the Character that unlocked them. You can still offer them to another Character within a mission but if the Character is not active at some point (explained in the campaign's rules) or is simply not joining a mission, you will miss out on that Item. Finally, in campaign mode, Robcart is the only Character you can search using the traditional way but only for Items and only through his own ability slot. Items found this way can only be used on the specific mission they were searched for by Robcart.

chang_1910 wrote:

Re #5 what are "team benefits" could give some example? Were would that be kept track of?

An example of team benefit could be be unlocking a specific weapon which then is always available to a team member. I should mention here that every Character starts the campaign with the same weapon.

chang_1910 wrote:

Could put some examples regarding how kind of objective you guys have plan for the campaign?

We are trying to make each mission in the campaign offer some soft of different experience from the standard game. This means for example that the existing objective tiles may be used in a different way or a mission may not even use objective tiles at all. Each mission has 3 things. setup instructions, special rules and the teams objective.

chang_1910 wrote:

and man I`m scare, we haven't being able to win HARD yet LOL
those damn dice HATE US... I spend almost 1/2 of my action phase trying to get a attack die and my bf trying to get a move die.. it was LOL LOL

Here are some strategic tips for you:
1) Try not to roll all your dice all the time. As soon as you roll a couple of symbols that would be useful to you later, keep them on the side and start rolling fewer dice (like 1 or 2) to achieve your current goal (move, shoot an alien etc). This way you focus on less items and are able to re-roll and resolve results faster.

2) Try to roll your dice on a surface that makes them stop rolling relatively fast. If you are able to roll them on the Game Board (without having to reach far) do so. A wooden table surface for a example could make your dice take a longer time to roll which could waste you valuable seconds. I should also add here the you should not shake the dice in your hand before each roll which is simply catastrophic zombie

3) Do not let symbols that could come handy shortly after, go to waste. For example lets say you are trying to kill an Alien, so you are super focused on rolling SHOOT symbols since that is what your current weapon is asking for. There is a good chance that, after killing that Alien, you will need to move or complete an objective or destroy an Event or whatever. If you happen to roll any of those symbols, KEEP THEM! You will also take advantage of "1)" this way.

4) Focus on your objective, not on just killing Aliens.

5) Kill only what needs to be killed. Letting some Aliens live can be very useful since you always need a target for the Alien Move symbol you roll. If you can't easily wipe out the entire Game Board for the Round, you may want to consider leaving some of them alive on purpose while you (example) try to destroy an Event.

I hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascucci Alessio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nothing in solitary mode for the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Kokkinis
Greece
Athens
Attica
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.artipiagames.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pask wrote:
Oh yes, there is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Bailey Sr.
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Before we cover the Campaign. Can you answer when we will get UPDATE 47 explaining what happened with the delivery of the game to backers in the USA? We have been waiting a VERY long time for you to address what happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!

Are you considering some sort of "choosing/buying" weapons between missions? I mean, are additional weapons/gear you get throughout the missions fixed/based on achievements or is it possible to get the choice, kind like a shop-thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NasosP wrote:
Great news!

Are you considering some sort of "choosing/buying" weapons between missions? I mean, are additional weapons/gear you get throughout the missions fixed/based on achievements or is it possible to get the choice, kind a like a shop-thing?

After a successful mission a number of fixed weapons will be unlocked and then will be available to the team members. Items on the other hand, will be available from the beginning to be purchased by the characters, depending on how many points have gathered (and are willing to spend) by completing missions, objectives, killing bosses, and not losing dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodolfo Montenegro
msg tools
whrn you say "I should mention here that every Character starts the campaign with the same weapon"? where we get extra weapons cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
Reseñas de Juegos Argentinos
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME NEWSSSSSS!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascucci Alessio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:
Pask wrote:
Oh yes, there is

good news, I hope that soon bait campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Ferrullo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pretty hard to get excited about a campaign mode when so many of us are still waiting on actually getting the game or indeed any news about when that might actually occur. Maybe getting your priorities straight would help unless of course you are just going to throw your hands up and blame Drawlab again claiming that it is beyond your control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Need a cool Graphic Design for a game you are Creating ? Maybe a banner for a kickstarter ? Ask for a quote... questions are for FREE :D
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the campaign use specific bosses on each scenario or will they pop randomly ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sotiris Tsantilas
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
willdesigns wrote:
Will the campaign use specific bosses on each scenario or will they pop randomly ?

Some of the already designed and playtested campaign missions use specific bosses, while some others use random bosses. Depends on the story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
Argentina
Buenos Aires
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Skyjack wrote:
Before we cover the Campaign. Can you answer when we will get UPDATE 47 explaining what happened with the delivery of the game to backers in the USA? We have been waiting a VERY long time for you to address what happened.

SILENCE = NO ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychodog42 wrote:
Pretty hard to get excited about a campaign mode when so many of us are still waiting on actually getting the game or indeed any news about when that might actually occur. Maybe getting your priorities straight would help unless of course you are just going to throw your hands up and blame Drawlab again claiming that it is beyond your control.

I'd say it's highly unlikely that the person developing the campaign mode has any direct control over the game distribution. So I'm not sure questioning priorities is valid here.

I understand it must be frustrating not having your game, but this thread probably isn't the place to air your grievances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Psychodog42 wrote:

I'd say it's highly unlikely that the person developing the campaign mode has any direct control over the game distribution. So I'm not sure questioning priorities is valid here.

I understand it must be frustrating not having your game, but this thread probably isn't the place to air your grievances.

Additionally folks have been calling them out for the campaign mode as well so criticizing them for posting about it doesn't make sense. You can't rage against them for not posting any info about campaign mode and then rage against them for posting about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3pod wrote:

thanks for your detailed reply! (and the tips ) Follow up questions..

3pod wrote:
chang_1910 wrote:

An example of team benefit could be be unlocking a specific weapon which then is always available to a team member. I should mention here that every Character starts the campaign with the same weapon

Same question as @Ninja:

NINJA_ARG wrote:
whrn you say "I should mention here that every Character starts the campaign with the same weapon"? where we get extra weapons cards?

what do you mean? we only have one card of each weapon... or did you mean that each character have a "starting" set particular to him / her? thanks

Also..
would you say is possible to use the "skeleton" of the campaign, to create homebrew campaigns? meaning using the balance and weapon buy mechanic to create homebrew scenarios / campaign?
thanks

sot07 wrote:
NasosP wrote:
Great news!

Are you considering some sort of "choosing/buying" weapons between missions? I mean, are additional weapons/gear you get throughout the missions fixed/based on achievements or is it possible to get the choice, kind a like a shop-thing?

After a successful mission a number of fixed weapons will be unlocked and then will be available to the team members. Items on the other hand, will be available from the beginning to be purchased by the characters, depending on how many points have gathered (and are willing to spend) by completing missions, objectives, killing bosses, and not losing dice.

This sound GREAT!

and btw i get the frustration of those no getting their game yet.. but as someone that open multiple threads about the campaign and send emails, i would appreciate if this thread dont go completely off topic regarding "where is my game" Feel free to spam the main thread with this, but please let this thread clean to get info about the campaign mode; do not turn it in a discussion (including in the lines of this post) about the poor game distribution..
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom D

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on when the campaign will be ready?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this will not be coming...see update 47. I'm disappointed, but I can understand where he is coming from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea, and now I`m honestly think that it was never actually in develop, at least no more than some ideas in paper...
definitely no in "within one month"

I liked some of the ideas here, and I`m sure we would not have even draft or whatever "they work on" so oh well... move on and I`ll do my own version of campaign if gets time to it.. too many KS arriving now

see u all,
enjoy gaming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Having participated in playtests of the campaign I can confirm that it was indeed in development.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
avyssaleos wrote:
Having participated in playtests of the campaign I can confirm that it was indeed in development.

This is good news. Judging from your experience, what is your estimate about the state of completion? 50%? 80%?

Did you like what you saw?

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to give a number for the whole project. I know many discussions were made on the campaign mechanics, in other words the progression system. What we were then doing was testing the levels based on that progression system. Some levels were finalized while some others were in need of adjustments. There were also some levels that were discussed (what the scenario/objective would be) but we didn't get to test them - they were further down the road.

What I liked was that they were very thematic with some clever twists and changes to the normal game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.