Subject: Will Henry side attack - heart shields (spoiler) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi guys,

I not sure i'm spoiling things but just for safety..

During the adventure you encounter monsters with heart shields as first of the sequence (on the leftmost of the 3 "life bars") which means they would be the last to be removed during the combat.
Now.. whoever is on the spot, doesn't matter what it does (fight or stand still) will lose as many life points as many heart shields are for the monster right? so, say i have a monster with two heart shields and do nothing i'd directly lose 1 for waiting (if the monster had skulls) plus 2 for the shields, right?

And what about Will Henry? He can shoot from an adjacent section of the same location without losing life points. Would this count for the heart shields as well? Would he lose the 2 life points?
If he manage to kill the enemy, would he still get the items provided by defeating it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Right.

2. If Will is shooting from an adjacent space, he doesn't suffer any penalty from the space at which he is shooting. He does suffer a penalty from anything that he is ignoring on his space.

3. I don't have the game to hand, but I think he does not get the items for defeating an enemy in an adjacent space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much

I'd have one last question.
Case in hand: Player 1 visit a space where there's a monster (therefore revealing it with all the shields to place) and Will Henry is next to it.
Player 1 goes away from the spot (or dies.. as in my specific case) but the team survives and is not changing location so the shields remain untouched.

Would Will Henry be able to still attack the monster even though there's litteraly no one at the monster's space or at least one member is required to be at the monster spot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure that I found the answer in the forums long time ago or I asked it space cowboys and the answer was in my opinion that you may use his ability although there is nobody at the space as long as the test was started and there are shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
During the adventure you encounter monsters with heart shields as first of the sequence (on the leftmost of the 3 "life bars") which means they would be the last to be removed during the combat.

YIKES, I read this and panicked, thinking we had played the game wrong somehow through two scenarios.

But a quick review of the rules confirms that we played correctly, and you probably have a typo above (or played incorrectly).

From the rules: "When there are many types of shields, they are always removed from left to right" (p. 11). So, if heart shields are on the left, then they would be the FIRST to be removed during combat, NOT the "last" to be removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.