5 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Summoning the Avatar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meeple Meeple
Germany
flag msg tools
Can I summon the Avatar on any space or only on a space containing a nest token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof RabidBlackDog
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 20. of the rulebook covers summoning by story events

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Meeple
Germany
flag msg tools
I will explain my question with more Details. In the mission Haven's Last stand, the Sin player can summon the Avatar after the second completed mission. In my opinion the Avatar can only be summoned on a space with a Nest. In the let's play video from cmon the avatar was summoned on a space without a Nest token and I try to understand why this is possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uglymeeple wrote:
I will explain my question with more Details. In the mission Haven's Last stand, the Sin player can summon the Avatar after the second completed mission. In my opinion the Avatar can only be summoned on a space with a Nest. In the let's play video from cmon the avatar was summoned on a space without a Nest token and I try to understand why this is possible.

If by that video you mean (https://youtu.be/uQxlskCen2I?t=3285), this may be due to the prototype status of the game during the video shooting.

The rules as printed are clear in that regard:
Quote:
If an event calls for a Monster to be summoned onto the board, the normal summoning rules are followed (see Summon Monsters on page 16). However,
in this case, if all Nest tokens are blocked by Monsters,
the new figure is placed on any Nest token on the board

Note that "Nest token" refers to printed tokens as well as physical tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Meeple
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks, Vielen Dank. Dann habe ich alles richtig gemacht.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.