Is this a Co-Op or a 1vMany, or?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jameson Meyer

California
msg tools
Co-Op. From what I have seen thus far, it's similar to Arkham Horror in that you each take a turn, then the Villian AI takes a turn. But no one assumes the role of the villian.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
thanks..,. hard pass from me then. plenty of "good" bad guys in buffy... could have easily been a vs game TvT or XvX or 1vMany... but alas another lame co-op... boooo BOOOOO!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
DayinDaLife wrote:
thanks..,. hard pass from me then. plenty of "good" bad guys in buffy... could have easily been a vs game TvT or XvX or 1vMany... but alas another lame co-op... boooo BOOOOO!!

If only there were a thumb down button...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

1vsMany games are now a pass from me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:

There is already a 1vsAll buffy game, we didn't need another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
lol - There is a mechanic that turns players into "evil" characters quite often. However, yes, the evil characters don't go against the players though...

Thanks for the comments! Sorry we couldn't make a game that fit your desires!

Maybe in the future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious as to 'what' made you decide to make those games a pass for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Gofton
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never have enough Buffy!

Also this game is VERY different from the original mass marketable game. Hopefully you'll have the chance to demo it someday and maybe you'll like it. If not, your feedback is just as valid as those that love it.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
Lynnvander wrote:
Curious as to 'what' made you decide to make those games a pass for you?

Just a personal preference thing. Co-Op just do not appeal to the group of players I hang out with, nor to 1vMany games either. We have tried and tried co-ops and 1vMany games and they all fell flat and ended up dust catchers on out shelves. I vowed a while ago that I would never buy into another Co-Op or 1vMany game. They might "be great" for some people, but the entire idea of those games suck for me and my friends.

We were hoping that you could play as the bad guys. One set of players playing the scoobies and they other set playing say the Master and his Cronies. One set of players trying to cause Armageddon, the other set trying to stop it in a asymmetrical vs game for 1v1 or teams.

Instead of something like that which would be interesting and newish, we just have another in a LONG line of co-ops that for me a massive snooze feast. I mean co-ops are not as bad as say "deck builders" but it is nearly the same as the most over used, unimaginative and common game type going in this day and age.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
I mean co-ops are not as bad as say "deck builders" but it is nearly the same as the most over used, unimaginative and common game type going in this day and age.

You are comparing a mechanic to a type of game. I feel they are very different things. Coops can be plenty imaginative (time stories, mechs vs minions). I get it if it's not your thing, I myself and not a big coop fan (I own 2). But it's like saying games with dice are the most over used, unimaginative and common game type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nedeljkovic
Serbia
Paracin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
But it's like saying games with dice are the most over used, unimaginative and common game type.

Hey!What's wrong with saying that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DayinDaLife wrote:
I mean co-ops are not as bad as say "deck builders" but it is nearly the same as the most over used, unimaginative and common game type going in this day and age.

You're only saying this because you don't like co-op's, so it's easy to blindly bash them for not being the game you want them to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Life
msg tools
SeerMagic wrote:
DayinDaLife wrote:

You are comparing a mechanic to a type of game. I feel they are very different things. Coops can be plenty imaginative (time stories, mechs vs minions). I get it if it's not your thing, I myself and not a big coop fan (I own 2). But it's like saying games with dice are the most over used, unimaginative and common game type.

I get what you are saying, but we are not talking about something innovative like Time Stories are we.. we are talking about Arkham Horror lite and a game time that has been "remade" with small rule tweaks for nearly a decade over 100s of different titles.

I have the same reaction to "zombies". We are not talking about something being fair.. we are talking about my personal reactions and as soon as I hear "deck builder" or "zombies" or "Co-Op" my brain just shuts off as those themes do not interest me and those mechanics suck for myself and the people I play with.

venrondua wrote:
DayinDaLife wrote:

You're only saying this because you don't like co-op's, so it's easy to blindly bash them for not being the game you want them to be.

That is exactly what I am saying. Obviously this is my opinion as I said it. Do we really need to go through this song and dance every time anyone posts a comment that you do not agree with... YES it is my opinion and it may be different for other people, but it wasn't other peoples opinions that he asked for,, it was mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.