M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo

Hope everyone had a great long weekend.
I spent a little bit of time (like I am sure many of you did) at Cangames.

I am pretty sure we'll see some of the treats that were picked up at the show on display this Tuesday evening. Apparently Jen (you probably know her from the Kanata games club) decided to sell something like 17,358 games from her collection. I was privileged enough to pick up one and the Kuub picked up another three. Although there was no word on how her copy of "Chocolopoly" sold I can personally say that Baltic Avenue tastes great.

I also picked up the second Alhambra expansion so I'll bring that along as well.

Hope to see you at Broadways at Prince of wales and Fisher at around 6:30. Bring your Cangames toys and we can see what's new!

MrZoz
goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only had 65 games up for sale!

The kids that bought the Monopoly chocolate edition seem to have done so just for the chocolate. Sigh, another good game bites...

I had a blast at CanGames and only bought one game - Stoner Fluxx. However I bought 2 DBA painted armies. So there went some of my sale profit.

Being on the committee, I only got a chance to play in three games this year but I had a lot of fun in every one of them.

Thanks to all the people who came - it was great to catch up with all of you that I had not seen in a year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I will be there tonight.

I will have my new Crokinole board in tow.

Also in the car: BattleLore, Iron Dragon, Dungeon Twister, Fury of Dracula.

I inadverdently left my cardgame carton at home. So none of my cardgames will be there tonight - but odds are, someone will have a Tichu deck on hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ross
Canada
Arnprior
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thatmarkguy wrote:
but odds are, someone will have a Tichu deck on hand.
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bekking
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know if two flicking games will make it to the table, but I have Tumbin-dice which I will bring, but maybe just keep in the car unless people are interested. (It's a huge, cumbersome box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Oh, I *really* want to play Tumblin' Dice. I didn't know you had it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ilan berci
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was simply the best CanGames I can remember!.. even the hockey on Sat didn't have much impact!

Thanks to the retailer war that was in full swing by Sunday morning, I got 5 titles at cost:
- Fifth Avenue (undervalued on BGG)
- Masons
- Family Business (I have a friend who is interested in this theme)
- Medici (finally)
- Citadels

I was hanging with the Warwick gaming club who were a blast as always and it was non stop Euros from Friday night to Sunday Eve.. From memory I recall playing

- Atlantic Star
- Industrial Waste
- Through the Desert
- Imperial (I ran this one and know of one sale as a result)
- Clans (Wow! Did this one ever catch me by surprise!)
- Caylus
- Ticket to Ride
- Notingham
- Taz Mahal (I ran this one and it went over very well)

I also got to see a game of Aton which I think my wife will love but sadly didn't get a chance to pick it up. There were some true selfless heros there as well. There was one guy who was running Descent for 3 days straight, he was simply amazing but like the idiot I am, I didn't get his name.

Everybody was great, the organizers were very cheerfull and the whole show was a real class act! This is my favourite convention by far and the only thing I dislike is going through the depression on Sunday evening when I realize that I will have to wait another year..

ilan

Edited to insert Taz Mahal.. whoops

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls