Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cover up - Dr. Milan Christopher rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Christopher is an ally who adds one intelligence and provides a resource each time investigation is successful.

Cover up is a treachery card that has the investigator remove clues 3 from it, before being able to take clues from the location.

My question... I have successfully passed the intellect test for an investigation, but because of cover up, I have to remove a clue from my treachery card... does this count as a successful investigation for Dr. Christopher?

Is this abusing the resource generation of Dr. Christopher, and non thematicly letting him in on my cover up?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you still successfully investigated so you get the money. All "successfully" means is that you passed the skill check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Dr. Christopher is an ally who adds one intelligence and provides a resource each time investigation is successful.

Cover up is a treachery card that has the investigator remove clues 3 from it, before being able to take clues from the location.

My question... I have successfully passed the intellect test for an investigation, but because of cover up, I have to remove a clue from my treachery card... does this count as a successful investigation for Dr. Christopher?

Is this abusing the resource generation of Dr. Christopher, and non thematicly letting him in on my cover up?

Thanks

Point of clarification - Cover Up is an option that you may choose to ignore and take the consequences at the end of the scenario, so you don't "have to".

Other than that, that seems like a perfectly valid use of the good Doctor (and it's perfectly thematic, you might be threatening the Doctor with arrest and telling him "no one will ever believe you").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:

Thanks

1. You don't have to remove the clues on cover up first.
2. If you quoted the card correctly above, then you would get the resource, since the investigation is successful.

EDIT: ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! I see my error in interpreting the reaction trigger now, glad I did too... no one knows how long I would have played it as a "have to"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.