BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Of War and Peace rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
He brings an end to wars throughout the earth; he shatters the bow and breaks the spear; he burns the shields with fire. - Psalm 46:9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harmonica
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Keep your lovin' brother happy!
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I saw when the Lamb broke one of the seven seals and I heard one of the four living creatures saying as with a voice of thunder: “Come and see.” I looked and behold a white horse and he who sat on it had a bow; and a crown was given to him, and he went out conquering and to conquer.

Revelation 6:1-2

Grab your Bible and continue reading yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesterinns wrote:
He brings an end to wars throughout the earth; he shatters the bow and breaks the spear; he burns the shields with fire. - Psalm 46:9

Is this a prediction that Trump will end war forever by starting a full-on nuclear exchange?

Albert Einstein: I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesterinns wrote:

So to end war you have to make war... totes!

Gotta love random quotations with no context for no determinable purpose.

"I hate Mondays"
Garfield: every comic strip:ever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
While 'moi' SHALL "turn water instantaneously into TANG!" by pouring the contents of a package onto such! With 'milk' you even also should:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
DRINK MORE OVALTINE
whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
rcbevco wrote:
gamesterinns wrote:

So to end war you have to make war... totes!

Gotta love random quotations with no context for no determinable purpose.

I don't know why, but I was feeling a little poignant yesterday. Still am, apparently,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
gamesterinns wrote:

“For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

“Don't Panic.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
For BJ.....
mb
Don't immanentize your eschaton.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Darilian wrote:
Don't immanentize your eschaton.

Darilian

I couldn't agree more, as,

"For everything there is an appointed time, and an appropriate time for every activity on earth" - Ecclesiastes 3:1

We can rest assured that, in his due time, God will bring about an end to war. Following that moment in history, humans will never again feel the need to raise arms against one another, with the words quoted on the Isaiah Wall seeing complete fulfillment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.