Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Knowles
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am giving these to my nephew and his bride to be for their upcoming wedding. They have dabbled with hobby games such as Pandemic and Lost Cities and have really enjoyed them. They aren't registered for wedding gifts as they have all of the household items already. So, I took the chance and decided to give this a try. I hope they like it as much as I think they will.

BTW, someone has already pointed out that giving two player games to newlyweds is just a bit funny. :-)

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else give or receive games as a wedding gift? Thoughts on the games chosen?

BGG.Con is nigh!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Blackford
United States
Englewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hi-diddly-ho, neighborino!
badge
"I'll have a Shirley... No, a virgin... No, a children's... Oh, what the heck? You only live once. Give me a white wine spritzer! "
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a lot of good games in there. If they enjoyed Pandemic and Lost Cities, I think they're going to enjoy themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Stearns
United States
Dale
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I recently gave pandemic to her friend as a wedding gift. Her and the husband were also somewhat into games, they played settlers of Caton and a few other. They loved getting a game as a gift! We are planning on having them over soon for a game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mcpherson
Canada
Sarnia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a bad ass wedding gift! Great selection as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Graves
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt,
Soooooo...I'm getting married next week.

Seriously though, I think that is cool and original! I don't think it would work for everyone, but it sounds like they will be very happy. I have a regular game night with a younger couple in it. They are making it, but not enough funds to go and buy games on a regular basis. This would be something very special to a couple like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much better than a toaster oven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
What an original idea. I'm sure the newly weds would love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Croft
United States
Smithfield
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Marital Bliss Hubby and I found this one at our FLGS. We went back to pick up a copy to give to his brother who is getting married tomorrow. It's a fun little game which takes place over a week (or however long you agree upon). During which you try to complete the goals you drew from the deck of cards on day 1. Your significant other can call you out on specific actions of yours being for the game. If true, you cannot gain the points for that card. If false, they lose a point for falsely accusing you. But the best part of the game is the rewards. On day 1, when drawing your 'objective' cards, you also draw 3 rewards. Each choosing one of the 3 if you win. They can be a gift of various amounts, going on a date, seeing a movie of your choice, receiving flowers, etc. etc.

I highly recommend it as a cutesy wedding/anniversary gift. And I love the idea of giving a newlywed couple a bunch of two player games, I play almost exclusively 2 player with my hubby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What an awesome and personal gift :-)

Very lucky couple indeed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish my friends were like you. Instead we got 3 crockpots. I mean, crock pots sre nice and all, but 3? Definitely would've prefered games, or at least a promise from friends to play more games with us.

Best of luck to your recipients. Hope they have lots of fun with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Knowles
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomsword wrote:
Much better than a toaster oven.

Yes, much better than a toaster oven for sure!

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. It was fun shopping for these two just starting an important and rewarding new phase in life; becoming dedicated board gamers...oh, and getting married, that too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We got Dominion, something we had never heard of, as a wedding gift from a friend. This was before I really knew about the hobby, years before I knew what BGG was. It was very much appreciated, and we quickly acquired two expansions.

That is very generous of you, I'm sure they'll love those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coniff
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
"Behold, a treasure more valuable than gold."
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got married in September, and though I did not get any board games, I can say that your gift will be well received because a lot of newly wed couples come out of the few month's post wedding haze and want to do something with friends or family. Games offer a brilliant opportunity for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm giving some of those EXACT same games to a friend for HIS wedding gift.

Good choices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a great set of easy to learn games that are even enjoyed by old crusty BGG users.

Definitely include a card offering to teach them how to play, or maybe even use a site like http://www.qr-code-generator.com/ and for each game print out some QR codes linking to how to play youtube videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Knowles
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
That looks like a great set of easy to learn games that are even enjoyed by old crusty BGG users.

Definitely include a card offering to teach them how to play, or maybe even use a site like http://www.qr-code-generator.com/ and for each game print out some QR codes linking to how to play youtube videos.

These are great ideas, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Ciantar
Malta
flag msg tools
mb
Very nice. I wish all my wedding presents will be board games haha. Me & and my gf both will reserve a whole room for board games, with shelves as high as the ceiling when we get married. It's our dream
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Crawford
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my friends actually registered at a game store. (He and his now-wife both enjoy gaming on a regular basis.) Most fun I've had shopping for wedding presents in a long time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dfwgameguy wrote:

I am giving these to my nephew and his bride to be for their upcoming wedding. They have dabbled with hobby games such as Pandemic and Lost Cities and have really enjoyed them. They aren't registered for wedding gifts as they have all of the household items already. So, I took the chance and decided to give this a try. I hope they like it as much as I think they will.

BTW, someone has already pointed out that giving two player games to newlyweds is just a bit funny. :-)

Any thoughts on this? Anyone else give or receive games as a wedding gift? Thoughts on the games chosen?

BGG.Con is nigh!!!

great group of games.. but I think i'd want to either trade out or add at least one mid-heavy weight game.. Especially i they've already played and enjoyed Pandemic and Lost Cities...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Van Overberghe
United States
South Bend
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great gift! My daughter registered for her wedding and asked for many of those games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.