Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I cannot find anything in the rules about them. You use it to mark the current research level, but I only see where the marker moves up one level to the next and never that it gets rotated.

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
I cannot find anything in the rules about them. You use it to mark the current research level, but I only see where the marker moves up one level to the next and never that it gets rotated.

Am I missing something?

Well, in the "old" rules, the marker was flipped when the enemy suffered a setback. All that meant was that you didn't need to roll that turn.

I haven't set up my KS version yet, but I'm just guessing the numbers are for the successful rolls and it gets rotated depending on the level.

Sorry Kevin, I hope I'm not making it harder... We may need Geoff to weigh in since there seemed to be some issues with the rulebook- I hope something didn't get left out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
govmiller wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Am I missing something?

Well, in the "old" rules, the marker was flipped when the enemy suffered a setback. All that meant was that you didn't need to roll that turn.

I haven't set up my KS version yet, but I'm just guessing the numbers are for the successful rolls and it gets rotated depending on the level.

Sorry Kevin, I hope I'm not making it harder... We may need Geoff to weigh in since there seemed to be some issues with the rulebook- I hope something didn't get left out...

You still flip it on a setback. that means you don't check for increase at all (they are busy cleaning up the mess you made for them!)

Just the numbers around the edge 0,1,2,3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
Look toward the back of the manual, on page 19. It's an optional way to increase the game difficulty. Whenever the enemy fails a research check, rotate the tile. This increases (by 1 for each rotation) the number you need to roll to prevent the enemy from progressing. Once the enemy has progressed, the tile resets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it might be in the "alternate rules" in the back of the book. I think the idea is that you can play where if the enemy fails the tech advance role you can rotate to the next higher number as a DRM for the next tech advance role. So each time the enemy tech advance fails it becomes more likely to succeed next time - makes the game harder because the tech advances faster.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
perfect... thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Greer
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
FreedomGunfire wrote:
Look toward the back of the manual, on page 19. It's an optional way to increase the game difficulty. Whenever the enemy fails a research check, rotate the tile. This increases (by 1 for each rotation) the number you need to roll to prevent the enemy from progressing. Once the enemy has progressed, the tile resets.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.