Subject: Investigator 1 engaged, investigator 2 moves, what happens? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Little
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I had a situation last night where 1 investigator was engaged with a monster. I had a 2nd investigator at a different location and needed to move "through" the 1st one's location. Does that monster get an attack of opportunity on the second investigator for moving out of that location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, he's busy attacking the first guy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
Monsters can only attack investigators they are engaged with (barring special cases like the Retaliate keyword).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Little
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Awesome, thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
You just know that the designers are going to come up with a new monster that can split into two (or three, or four) and go after each of the investigators. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
emart40x wrote:
You just know that the designers are going to come up with a new monster that can split into two (or three, or four) and go after each of the investigators. devil

The rulebook already covers massive monsters which are pretty close to what you describe. They engage with everyone at a location and get to attack everyone at a location during the enemy turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
No, he's busy attacking the first guy.

Wendy just walks past Roland being completely overwhelmed by a Shoggoth or something...

"Hey Roland. How's it going?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.