Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:
Man's a genius! And sincere.
Really? Sincere? He switches from "haters" worthy of physical assault at his rallies pre-election to "passionate patriots" post-election and you say he is sincere? I admit, it's quality peace-making, but sincerity is not something I would ever associate with Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
He forgot to put it in green font.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I admit, it's quality peace-making, but sincerity is not something I would ever associate with Trump.

To quote Yoda: "And that is why you fail."

Ferret
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
"OPPOCITE" also now with Pres.TRUMP since, he'll SAY one thing and DUE 'assbackward' of this-'cite'. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He could probably ease the fears of the protesters far greater by saying he will honestly address their concerns of police relations with people of color. He could also state that people with health insurance through the ACA won't lose it and people with preexisting conditions won't be left out in the cold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
This seeming paradox is easy to understand -- if you understand the power of words in persuasion and negotiation.

This is "appealing to the better angels of our nature."

This is in sharp contrast to Democrats whose method of appeal is to call us all devils.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
TheChin! wrote:
I admit, it's quality peace-making, but sincerity is not something I would ever associate with Trump.

To quote Yoda: "And that is why you fail."
So you are saying I should take his quotes about grabbing women by the pussy as sincere? That is a dropped defense I didn't expect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
This seeming paradox is easy to understand -- if you understand the power of words in persuasion and negotiation.

This is in sharp contrast to Democrats whose method of appeal is to call us all devils.

The irony of your statement would be funny if not so misguided. Haven't you been listening to Trump for the past year? He's been anything but angelic. One tweet isn't going to quell their fears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
mrspank wrote:
He could probably ease the fears of the protesters far greater by saying he will honestly address their concerns of police relations with people of color. He could also state that people with health insurance through the ACA won't lose it and people with preexisting conditions won't be left out in the cold.
goo Cruel & Tragic ""SHENANIGANS"" ORB SEZ~"What, ME no longer 'responsible'-PARTY of THAT!?!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

Wow, just wow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

The irony of your statement would be funny if not so misguided. Haven't you been listening to Trump for the past year? He's been anything but angelic. One tweet isn't going to quell their fears.

You apparently haven't noticed how Trump operates. It would infuriate me in real life, but as a persuasion/negotiation tactic it's kind of foundational.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You apparently haven't noticed how Trump operates. It would infuriate me in real life, but as a persuasion/negotiation tactic it's kind of foundational.

You didn't seem to think that when Obama made positive statements over his eight years, but now you immediately believe one tweet from Trump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You didn't seem to think that when Obama made positive statements over his eight years, but now you immediately believe one tweet from Trump.

Obama did nothing but divide. He was always about Us (Lefties/Democrats) and Them (Republicans/Conservatives/Libertarians/White People/Police Officers, or whoever needed to be demonized at the moment to rally his ground troops.)

That's not Carnegie. That's Alinsky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't this after he had blamed the media and referred to the protesters as "paid protesters?"

I'm glad he walked it back, but I'm still pretty concerned that his instinctive impulse when protested against is to claim that the protesters are somehow not legitimate and to blame the media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

Obama did nothing but divide. He was always about Us (Lefties/Democrats) and Them (Republicans/Conservatives/Libertarians/White People/Police Officers, or whoever needed to be demonized at the moment to rally his ground troops.)

Trump must have made his daddy Sol proud.

They all do it and to claim otherwise is asinine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
Donald wrote:
Check the date.

Yes. I see the date. But look at the immediate replies. What is the context of Trump's comment, because the replies don't quite feel like they're about President Obama winning the 2012 election. "British press are reporting on this chump"? What does that mean? Who is "the chump"? Surely if it was about about President Obama winning, it wouldn't just be in the "notoriously right-wing Daily Mail."

Somebody call in the FactCheckers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Donald wrote:
Check the date.

JUST before becoming "cut off" from this, eh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Wow, just wow!

IKR? Trump is so cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Sarxis wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Sarxis wrote:

Wow, just wow!

IKR? Trump is so cool!

IKR = "in Klan robe"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

He's actually saying that he doesn't believe it, but thinks its a wise negotiation tactic.

I supplied a better negotiation tactic above. Also, if it's simply a tactic then he doesn't really care if there are legitimate concerns driving people to protest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:

You are out of your fucking mind. We just elected a man who ran on a campaign of division, has already divided and will divide in the future.

Virtually everything you say is the exact opposite of reality. Trump is a divider like never before. I thought Bush was bad? Please give me the days of the neocons again because Trump is far worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
I thought Bush was bad?

Is that a question?

Quote:
Please give me the days of the neocons again because Trump is far worse.

Good lord, you lefties are losing your shit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.