$30.00
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective being such an immersively themed game, has anyone used background music while playing it? I have, and it is great.

I don my Deerstalker hat and pipe, play some appropriately themed tunes from my phone connected to a bluetooth speaker, and we dive right into the case at hand! I also find that a plain old magnifying glass from the dollar store not only helps complete the costume, but actually comes in handy when reading the map. I may look a fool, but at least I'm properly attired, lol.

I find that the most excellent Tabletop Audio files work great as background music. I came across them from a similar thread in the Betrayal at House on the Hill forums. From Tabletop Audio, I like their "Victorian London" best, but I also use "Docks District," "Dark and Stormy," "Cathedral," " Down by the Sea," "Dust to Dust," "Swamplandia," and "Mountain Pass" in my playlist.

I chose to download each track and put physical mp3 copies on my phone to save them the bandwidth of streaming the files each time.

Anyone else have any other suggestions for free themed music sources?

Thanks,

--J.R. (CavemanLogic)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Johnson
United States
Seguin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great idea. You might try Soundcloud and search on it for user made music.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Johnson wrote:
This is a great idea. You might try Soundcloud and search on it for user made music.

Awesome idea. I did searches on Soundcloud for "Victorian London" and "Sherlock Holmes" and came up with a few more tracks that I've added to my playlist.

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikey Moose
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21954670#21954670
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James R. Gracen
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ReverseMeeple wrote:

Perfect! I missed that thread. Added the Dracula Soundtrack tracks to my playlist. I prefer background ambiance sounds vs. actual musical pieces when I play (which is why I love the Tabletop Audio files), as it creates the atmosphere, for me anyway, that I'm actually there. As if I'm actually lounging in the upper rooms at 221B Baker St. and those are the sounds I might hear out an open window. But violin music is very Holmesian, so I intersperse a few of them in as well.

Thanks for the link!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.