Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this is the original thread I started and did not realize I put it on the wrong section.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1668812/wip-initiative-18-c...

So I am glad to share it on here! Take a look and hope you guys like it! Still working on the actual PnP files, but I have some images on what it will look like.

Game Title: Initiative

Game:
Goal
Defeat the Evil Wizard by dealing 20 damage to him!

Key Terms
Hero Card - The card with only the weapons displayed on the face.
Boss Card - There is only one, the Evil Wizard. His card is purple with the books and wand pictured on it.
Initiative Card - The card with the word "Initiative" displayed at the bottom of the face of the card. The color and weapon displayed in the rest of the card means that that card correspondences to that hero.
Hero's Health Card - This is the card with the word "Health" at the bottom of face of the card. There are four hearts which indicate each of the hero's life points. The health token is used on the Health card and covers the hero's current life points.
Boss Health Cards - There are two cards with numbered bars. These indicate the Evil Wizard's health. Place the 1-10 below the 11-20 card. Then place these cards under the Evil Wizard's card, perpendicular to it, displaying the 20. Example:

Hero Spot - The spots in which the hero cards are placed.
Favorite Hero Spot - The spots in which each hero prefers to be in. While in this spot, the hero takes no damage.

Setup
Put the hero and boss cards in the following order: Evil Wizard(boss/purple card/books & wand), Warrior(red card/sword & shield), Rogue(orange card/knives), Ranger(green card/bow & quiver), and Mage(blue card/staff & scrolls). Take the cards with "Initiative" written at the bottom of the face of the card. This will be the Initiative deck. Each player takes their hero’s Health card and a health token. Each health card contains the image of the Hero it belongs to. Use the token and place it on top of the hero's current life total. All heroes start at 4 life. Grab the two health cards with bars numbered 1-10 and 11-20. These cards are the Evil Wizard's health indicator. Place the 11-20 card on top of the 1-10 card. Place these health indicator cards under the Evil Wizard card, perpendicular to the card. Slide it enough to display the 20

For a two player game, each player selects 2 heroes. For a three player game, one player selects 2 heroes.

Rules
Placement is key in this game. Each hero has his favorite hero spot. While in this spot, they receive no damage. The hero spot order is:[1]Warrior, [2]Rogue, [3]Ranger, [4]Mage.

The following are the hero spots next to the Evil Wizard:
[Evil Wizard Card] [1] [2] [3] [4]

The Evil Wizard Card always stays in the spot mentioned above, and never moves from that spot. The hero cards will be placed in hero spots 1-4.

Gameplay
1) Initiative - Shuffle the "Initiative" deck and draw them, one by one, face up. The order drawn is the initiative order for the Action phase.

2) Teleport! - The Evil Wizard uses teleport! Gather and shuffle all the hero cards. Draw and place the cards face up, starting with the first drawn going in the hero spot 1, second into the second, etc.
Note: Hero Spot Reminder:
EW - Evil Wizard
HS# - Hero Spot #
[EW] [HS1] [HS2] [HS3] [HS4]

3) Actions - Following the initiative order that was , each hero can do one of the following:

Move: Switch places with a hero next to it.
Attack: Deal one damage to the Evil Wizard, which is done automatically, but the hero cannot move.

4) Evil Wizard - Once all the heroes have made their actions, the wizard attacks! Any hero not in their favorite hero spot gets dealt one damage.
Note: The favorite hero spot is the following:
[EW][Warrior][Rogue][Ranger][Mage]

Begin a new round. The game ends when either a hero's or the boss's life reaches 0 and dies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ronald Lo
Philippines
TAGUIG
METRO MANILA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi Gabriel, any updates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game wise - I have only been able to solo this and am waiting on a couple of friends that should be getting together soon to go all out. Really, the only thing I need to make sure is life points. Solo though, I think its pretty good.

File wise - I have done most of the tweaking I wanted to do for the rules and the printing. I do hear that people just print one sided anyways, but I also had it in mind in which they flip the paper over when printing.

Did you see the PnP file?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Hoddinott
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking forward to you posting the PNP files for Initiative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I have the files already available! There are in this geeklist:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/215841/18-card-microgame-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Gabriel

I have been playing your game using a standard deck. Initiative order = hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades. Used the Jacks for the heroes, the aces for initiative, the fours for the health cards, and the two black tens to track the wizard health.

I found the rules a bit vague in places e.g. sometimes the wizard is a wizard, sometimes he's a boss.

I actually had a hard time figuring out what all the cards were for. It would be helpful if you used the reverse of the rule cards to identify each card type somehow. It took me a while to figure out the purple card is the wizard - maybe it could be labelled?

I found the initiative step particularly confusing: "Initiative - Gather, Shuffle and lay out the cards where everybody can see them. First card drawn goes first." To me it would be clearer to say something like "Shuffle the initiative cards and fan them out on the table. The order of the cards determines the order in which the heroes act in step 3".

In the teleport stage "one by one" would be betters as "in a line"

I assume that death occurs when you hit 0 health.

What happens when one player dies? The rules seem to imply the rest carry on because the game only ends if all the players die. Do dead players continue, or do they somehow get discarded from the game?

As a general comment, I think this works best as a solitaire - I think with four players they would quickly get bored because there's not much to do on your turn.

Have you considered the different heroes having special powers? e.g. the warrior could inflict 2 damage when he's in the right spot, but can only swap to the right, the rogue could only be allowed to swap two places but not one, if the ranger is on one end he could move to the opposite end of the queue, and if it's looking really bad the mage could perform their own teleport spell to mix them up again. These are just ideas off the top of my head and would need testing, but they might spice things up a bit and also help fill out the theme.

For the record - in the game I just played I beat the wizard with the following health points left: 4, 1, 4, 1. Maybe you could have a score at the end, which is how many health points you have left?

I enjoyed trying out your game. Good luck in the contest!
JK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really appreciate the feedback!!

Ok, so I guess I should clarify a couple of things.

The Evil Wizard is the boss, but essentially he is the purple guy. On the PnP, I color coded the words so that people understood what each one was whenever I called it that. But I guess the best way to take care of this is to just put the names on each card. Not sure why I didn't do that from the beginning. It was a lot easier for me to make the weapons instead of the actual figures, so I went with that instead.

The "Initiative" step does sound better that way. What do you think about this, "Shuffle the initiative deck and draw the cards face up. Order drawn is the order in which hero get activated."

Death does occur when each hero and boss is at 0.

As far as when a hero dies I actually consider it as a game loss. I guess that should be stated and I did not state that. I feel that making sure all heroes survive, will make this game at the right difficulty for decision making.

As far as your solitaire idea, that has been the only way I have been able to play it. I do understand that players are limited, but I do want this to be a quick little game. I hope to try and get some friends to play test it soon. I guess for solitaire, it would be ideal to try and have some sort of score so that you have a goal to beat the next time you play.

Special powers - That is an interesting idea. I have to say that it would add an extra element of gameplay. I will have to look into this further.

Thanks for the tips!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also confused by the rules. Perhaps part of the problem is that I don't normally play these Hero vs Evil battle it out games with hit points and health and such. But anyways I hope you can clear things up for me.

Quote:
Setup
Put the cards in the following order: Evil Wizard(boss/purple card), Warrior(red card), Rogue(orange card), Ranger(green card), and Mage(blue card).
There are 2 each of red, orange, green, and blue cards. Which one do I use or do both red, then both orange, etc? Are they in order in my hand? In order on the table? Face up? Face down?

Quote:
Place the initiative deck next to the boss card.
What cards make up the initiative deck? They all say initiative on the back. Which card is the boss card? Do I put the deck face up or face down?

Quote:
Each player takes their hero’s Health card and a health token.
What do I do with the health token?

Quote:
Place the Evil Wizard’s health indicator under its card.
Where is the Evil Wizard's health indicator?

Quote:
For a two player game, each player selects 2 heroes. For a three player game, one player selects 2 heroes.

Rules
Placement is key in this game. Each hero has his favored spot.

Quote:
While in this spot, they receive no damage. The spot order is:[1]Warrior, [2]Rogue, [3]Ranger, [4]Mage.

The following are the spot order next to the Evil Wizard:
[Evil Wizard Card] [1] [2] [3] [4]

Gameplay
1) Initiative - Shuffle the cards and draw them face up.
Which cards do I shuffle?

Quote:
The order drawn is the hero order for the Action phase.

2) Teleport! - The Evil Wizard uses teleport! Gather and shuffle the hero cards.
Which cards are the hero cards?

Quote:
Draw and place the cards back in the spots, first drawn going in the first spot, second into the second, etc.
Which cards? I just did this in 1 (Initiative) and then I'm doing it again?

Quote:
3) Actions - Following the initiative order,
What is the initiative order?

Quote:
each player can do one of the following:

Move: Switch places with a hero next to you.
Do we change seats? What if we don't have 4 players?

Quote:
Attack: Deal one damage to the Evil Wizard
How do I do this?

Quote:
4) Evil Wizard - Once all the players have made their actions, the wizard attacks! Any player not in their favored spot gets dealt one damage.
Again, how do I deal damage? Are there damage cards? Which cards are the damage cards? What does the hero do with the damage card once it is dealt to him?

Quote:
Begin a new round. The game ends when either the heroes or the boss dies.
How do I know that one of the heros or the boss died? Does it have to do with how many damage cards he has?

Lastly, is there a black and white printer friendly version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi Lelo. I found the rules a bit confusing too, but eventually figured it out. There's a kind of nifty puzzle game here which is a bit disguised by the theme. Here's my take on how to play the game with a standard deck of cards...

Pull out two tens and put them face up at the left side of your playing area. These are the wizard, and the 20 pips on the two cards represent his health. You are aiming to hit him 20 times to win.

Line up the fours face up in this order: hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades. These show the correct order of the heroes and tally their health.

Shuffle the jacks together and deal them in a line below the fours. These are the heroes that you need to get underneath the four of the same suit ie in the order hearts, diamonds, clubs, spades.

Shuffle the aces together and deal them face down below the jacks. These are the "initiative" cards that determine what order to move the heroes (jacks).

Now turn up the first ace. Whatever suit it is, you must either swap the jack of that suit with one of its neighbours, or do nothing. Then turn up the next ace and move (or not) that jack. Repeat until all four aces have been turned up and all four jacks have had the chance to move.

Now score. For every jack that is in the correct position below the four of the same suit, cover up one of the pips on the wizard cards (the tens). For example, if all of the jacks are in the right places the wizard loses 4 pips. Use any old card from the deck face down to cover the pips. If all 20 of the wizard's pips are covered he dies and you win.

But each jack that is not below the correct four loses a point. Use a face down card to cover one more pip of the four of that suit. For example, if the jack of hearts is not first in line under the four of hearts, then cover one more pip on the four of hearts. If any of the fours become completely covered then that hero dies and you lose the game.

If you haven't yet won or lost, then go back to ***

I have written this from memory so may have something wrong. But it should give enough clues to figure out the game and give it a try without having to print anything.

Cheers
JK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JK, Thanks very much. From there I can figure out how to play with his cards as well as with a standard deck. It is nifty. To bad the rules are rough. --lelo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Lelo,

Sorry it took so long to respond. This is my first time relaying rules to a game I have come up with so I am just kind of trying to do my best. I also will update the rules as I can with items that are difficult to understand.

There are 2 each of red, orange, green, and blue cards. Which one do I use or do both red, then both orange, etc? Are they in order in my hand? In order on the table? Face up? Face down?

The Hero Cards are the cards with just the picture of the weapons. The Initiative deck is the one with Initiative written at the bottom of the card. The back of the cards should be ignored. The Hero cards should be put on the table, face up, in the order indicated in the rules. The Initiative cards should be made into a deck.

What cards make up the initiative deck? They all say initiative on the back. Which card is the boss card? Do I put the deck face up or face down?

The Initiative deck are the cards with the word Initiative in the bottom. Ignore the back of the cards. The boss card is the "Evil Wizard" card. It is purple or if you are doing the B&W printing, the one with the books, wand, and potions. (I did not think about B&W printing and will modify the files if I can to just say the words of the heroes and boss). You put the deck face down.

The health token, which is cut out from the card, is used as a place holder to know what life each hero is at. You just place it on top of whatever health the character is at. If they are at 4 life, then place the token on top of number 4.

The Evil Wizard's health indicator is comprised of two cards. One has bars numbered 1-10, and the other 11-20. You put the 11-20 card on top of the 1-10 card. Then slide the cards face up under the Evil Wizards card, perpendicular to it, displaying the numbers making show the 20 appears. Every time the boss gets hit, slide the card in to display what life the boss is at. Once it is below 11, discard the 11-20 card and only have the 1-10 card. Here is an example of the card placement:

For the "Initiative" phase, you shuffle the initiative deck.

The hero cards are the cards with just the weapons on them. The green, blue, red, and orange cards only. The purple with the books and wand is the Evil Wizard (boss) card. Also, you will be shuffling the hero cards only during the "Teleport" phase.

During the "Teleport" phase, you are shuffling the hero cards and then placing them back, face up, in the hero spots. You draw and place them back starting with the spot closest to the Evil Wizard (boss) and placing one next to the other. In the diagram below, EW (Evil Wizard) will always be in this spot. Spots H1,H2, H3, H4 are the hero spots. Any time you are in the "Teleport" phase, you will pick up the hero cards, shuffle them, and place them back face up in the hero spots, starting with H1.

[EW][H1][H2][H3][H4]

The initiative order is the order the initiative cards were drawn in the "Initiative" phase.

Here is a further explanation of the "Actions" phase. You can only take one of the following actions per active hero. The active hero is the hero whose turn it is that was determined in the "Initiative" order.

Move - The active Hero card switches places with a Hero card next to it. They can only switch with a Hero card and not the Evil Wizard.

How do I do this?

Attack - This automatically deals 1 damage to the Evil Wizard. This is an automatic action. Reduce the life of the Evil Wizard by using the health cards that are placed below it's card.

Again, how do I deal damage? Are there damage cards? Which cards are the damage cards? What does the hero do with the damage card once it is dealt to him?

There are no damage cards. All damage is done automatically and is being recorded using the Health cards, which for the heroes are the cards with the numbered hearts and for the Evil Wizard it is the ones with the numbers 1-10 and 11-20 that should have been placed below the card. For the Heroes, if they take 1 damage, use the heart token you cut out of the heart token card and move it to the number indicating the heroes current life points. For example, if the hero was at 4 life and takes one damage, move the heart token to cover the 3, which in turn indicates that they are now at 3 life. If the Evil Wizard takes damage, move the health cards that were placed under it to indicate what it's life points is.

How do I know that one of the heros or the boss died? Does it have to do with how many damage cards he has?

Either hero or boss dies when they have no more life points. The heroes have only 4 life points and the Evil Wizard has only 20 life points.

I do! I created just for you! I didn't know if this was good to have or not, so I just was meaning to do it and finally did.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6EOVTZNhFxXzN6a3RsSTd5LT...

I am really happy that you are checking this game out! I can't apologize enough at how bad my explanation of the game is and I am really trying my best to try to get it right. If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask me! I usually check BBG several times a day. Thanks again and I hope this helps!

Gabriel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnightMDK wrote:
Hello Lelo,

Sorry it took so long to respond. This is my first time relaying rules to a game I have come up with so I am just kind of trying to do my best. I also will update the rules as I can with items that are difficult to understand.

The Hero Cards are the cards with just the picture of the weapons. The Initiative deck is the one with Initiative written at the bottom of the card. The back of the cards should be ignored. The Hero cards should be put on the table, face up, in the order indicated in the rules. The Initiative cards should be made into a deck.

The Initiative deck are the cards with the word Initiative in the bottom. Ignore the back of the cards. The boss card is the "Evil Wizard" card. It is purple or if you are doing the B&W printing, the one with the books, wand, and potions. (I did not think about B&W printing and will modify the files if I can to just say the words of the heroes and boss). You put the deck face down.

The health token, which is cut out from the card, is used as a place holder to know what life each hero is at. You just place it on top of whatever health the character is at. If they are at 4 life, then place the token on top of number 4.

The Evil Wizard's health indicator is comprised of two cards. One has bars numbered 1-10, and the other 11-20. You put the 11-20 card on top of the 1-10 card. Then slide the cards face up under the Evil Wizards card, perpendicular to it, displaying the numbers making show the 20 appears. Every time the boss gets hit, slide the card in to display what life the boss is at. Once it is below 11, discard the 11-20 card and only have the 1-10 card. Here is an example of the card placement:

For the "Initiative" phase, you shuffle the initiative deck.

The hero cards are the cards with just the weapons on them. The green, blue, red, and orange cards only. The purple with the books and wand is the Evil Wizard (boss) card. Also, you will be shuffling the hero cards only during the "Teleport" phase.

During the "Teleport" phase, you are shuffling the hero cards and then placing them back, face up, in the hero spots. You draw and place them back starting with the spot closest to the Evil Wizard (boss) and placing one next to the other. In the diagram below, EW (Evil Wizard) will always be in this spot. Spots H1,H2, H3, H4 are the hero spots. Any time you are in the "Teleport" phase, you will pick up the hero cards, shuffle them, and place them back face up in the hero spots, starting with H1.

[EW][H1][H2][H3][H4]

The initiative order is the order the initiative cards were drawn in the "Initiative" phase.

Here is a further explanation of the "Actions" phase. You can only take one of the following actions per active hero. The active hero is the hero whose turn it is that was determined in the "Initiative" order.

Move - The active Hero card switches places with a Hero card next to it. They can only switch with a Hero card and not the Evil Wizard.

How do I do this?

Attack - This automatically deals 1 damage to the Evil Wizard. This is an automatic action. Reduce the life of the Evil Wizard by using the health cards that are placed below it's card.

There are no damage cards. All damage is done automatically and is being recorded using the Health cards, which for the heroes are the cards with the numbered hearts and for the Evil Wizard it is the ones with the numbers 1-10 and 11-20 that should have been placed below the card. For the Heroes, if they take 1 damage, use the heart token you cut out of the heart token card and move it to the number indicating the heroes current life points. For example, if the hero was at 4 life and takes one damage, move the heart token to cover the 3, which in turn indicates that they are now at 3 life. If the Evil Wizard takes damage, move the health cards that were placed under it to indicate what it's life points is.

Either hero or boss dies when they have no more life points. The heroes have only 4 life points and the Evil Wizard has only 20 life points.

I do! I created just for you! I didn't know if this was good to have or not, so I just was meaning to do it and finally did.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6EOVTZNhFxXzN6a3RsSTd5LT...

I am really happy that you are checking this game out! I can't apologize enough at how bad my explanation of the game is and I am really trying my best to try to get it right. If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask me! I usually check BBG several times a day. Thanks again and I hope this helps!

Gabriel

Thanks, that helps a lot. I think part of my trouble was never playing a game with health and damage points before. I guess that's a DnD thing.

The b/w file is good but it would be better to save ink if the backgrounds were white.

Would you like me to edit your rules? If so, please provide an editable file. I can't do it before Christmas, but after Christmas I have time to look at it. I think it can be a great game if we can get the written rules revised so that they are more understandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The B&W was a quick version in which I just made everything Grayscale, but you are correct in the fact that I can take away the background and make them better. I will work on that and upload another file.

For the rules, I have been making adjustments, but feel that some pictures will help as well. I am going to try and and do this to better explain the game. The only thing would be adding the game rules on two cards soblue, but hopefully, I can make it work.

Once again, thanks for all your help and feedback. If you have any suggestions for rules, PLEASE, do not hesitate to ask!

Gabriel

PS - JK, thanks again for hooking it up with some rule explanation!! The only thing I saw that was different was the following:

Quote:
Now turn up the first ace. Whatever suit it is, you must either swap the jack of that suit with one of its neighbours, or do nothing. Then turn up the next ace and move (or not) that jack. Repeat until all four aces have been turned up and all four jacks have had the chance to move.

Now score. For every jack that is in the correct position below the four of the same suit, cover up one of the pips on the wizard cards (the tens). For example, if all of the jacks are in the right places the wizard loses 4 pips. Use any old card from the deck face down to cover the pips. If all 20 of the wizard's pips are covered he dies and you win.

But each jack that is not below the correct four loses a point. Use a face down card to cover one more pip of the four of that suit. For example, if the jack of hearts is not first in line under the four of hearts, then cover one more pip on the four of hearts. If any of the fours become completely covered then that hero dies and you lose the game

There is a slight difference from my rules. In my rules, each hero during the "Action" phase can make either a move or an attack, but it cannot make both. Then, in the "Evil Wizard" phase, for any hero not in its favorite/correct spot, the hero takes damage. The Evil Wizard takes no damage during this phase as it was all done during the "Action" phase.

I have not tried the version you described, but it would be cool to see how difficult it would be going by your description. Once again, thank you for your assistance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnightMDK wrote:
The B&W was a quick version in which I just made everything Grayscale, but you are correct in the fact that I can take away the background and make them better. I will work on that and upload another file.

For the rules, I have been making adjustments, but feel that some pictures will help as well. I am going to try and and do this to better explain the game. The only thing would be adding the game rules on two cards soblue, but hopefully, I can make it work.

Once again, thanks for all your help and feedback. If you have any suggestions for rules, PLEASE, do not hesitate to ask!

Gabriel

Yes, that is a big challenge of this contest, to fit the rules on a few cards. But you have a lot of space to work with. You can use the backs of some of the cards. And the wizard health tracker could be one card double sided. So here is how I envision the card list:

4 hero cards (with back style 1)
4 initiative cards (with back style 2)
1 Heart card to be cut up (back should be a reverse of the front so that both sides of the hearts are in the color of the hero)
1 health tracker for wizard (1-10 on one side 11-20 on reverse side)
1 wizard card (rules on the back)
4 health trackers for heroes (rules on the back)
3 rules cards (rules on back and front)

Which gives you 11 card faces for the rules. That's a lot of space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Would you like me to edit your rules? If so, please provide an editable file. I can't do it before Christmas, but after Christmas I have time to look at it. I think it can be a great game if we can get the written rules revised so that they are more understandable.

Oh, I forgot to respond to this. I will be making the visual rules and if you can take a look at that, then we can see how understandable my jargon is! Hopefully, it will be waaaay better. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
KnightMDK wrote:

Gabriel

Yes, that is a big challenge of this contest, to fit the rules on a few cards. But you have a lot of space to work with. You can use the backs of some of the cards. And the wizard health tracker could be one card double sided. So here is how I envision the card list:

1 Heart card to be cut up (back should be a reverse of the front so that both sides of the hearts are in the color of the hero)

Which gives you 16 card faces for the rules. That's a lot of space.

Damn, you're good. I actually understood a bit more when seeing other creater's games on how the 18 card format works. I thought that you could only use 2 cards for rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnightMDK wrote:
rainbowrose wrote:
KnightMDK wrote:

Gabriel

Damn, you're good. I actually understood a bit more when seeing other creater's games on how the 18 card format works. I thought that you could only use 2 cards for rules.

If I have been a help to you, please check out my WIP thread for Etchings in Ice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
KnightMDK wrote:
There is a slight difference from my rules. In my rules, each hero during the "Action" phase can make either a move or an attack, but it cannot make both. Then, in the "Evil Wizard" phase, for any hero not in its favorite/correct spot, the hero takes damage. The Evil Wizard takes no damage during this phase as it was all done during the "Action" phase.

Aha, thanks for that clarification. Your way makes more sense! Apologies for spreading the wrong rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Espitia
United States
Houston
TX - Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnKean wrote:
KnightMDK wrote:

Aha, thanks for that clarification. Your way makes more sense! Apologies for spreading the wrong rules.

There is no need for apologies. I really appreciate helping out another gamer with my rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:

I miscounted. It's only 11 faces but still a lot of space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.