8 Posts

Leaving Earth» Forums » General

Subject: The paper money is as flimsy as the Lunar Lander rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, as many people before have noticed and commented on. Instead of poker chips or cards for money I made my own Funding tracker as inspired(..blatantly ripped-off whistle..) by this image, https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3196072/leaving-earth. Thanks Jordi!

/rant
This makes sense due to the fact that money is reset every year and you are basically spending all of it per year(use it or lose it govt' money). Exchanging paper bills back and forth with the "bank" and making change for $6 purchases became tedious very quickly. E.g. Bank gives me $25, then I spend $ 21 on mission stuff giving the bank 2x$10s and a $5, bank gives me 4x 1$ back, then I buy some little useless things just to stock up and give them back the $4. RAR so much money changing hands and making change for a fiver. I didnt choose to go to the moon to get nickel-and-dimed by my own government! I assume the same problem would be present with poker chips, though they certainly would feel much nicer in hand. /rant

I printed the front and back on shipping label paper(sticker paper) and pasted them onto 3"x4" thin chip board. I suppose you could just print this on heavy card stock also.

I can upload the files if there is interest, but they weren't difficult to make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! You should upload the files. I will definitely print some out when I finally get the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dong
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I would be interested in the file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris M
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
OK.

http://i.imgur.com/DEFk8pt.png
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fatula
United States
I don't even know where I live anymore
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, if anyone's interested in making stuff to go with Leaving Earth, the main fonts used in the game are Fanwood, Antonio, and Liberation Sans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will H.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate the craftsmanship. Very nice work.

(I think I am in the minority that is actually fond of the paper money.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
msg tools
mbmbmb
I like the design of the paper money, but it's too slippery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Davis
msg tools
buffalohat wrote:
By the way, if anyone's interested in making stuff to go with Leaving Earth, the main fonts used in the game are Fanwood, Antonio, and Liberation Sans.

I gotta say, the graphic design (including font choice) of both the cards and the instruction manual really contribute to the mid-20th-century government-industrial feel of the game. Well done on that front.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.