$30.00
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Hey, y'all.

So I think I get most of this now, but I'm a little confused about how to spend the attack and defense points.

So your action dice add attack and defense to what's on your characters' card, right? So you total your defense+shells for defense rolls, and you total your attack+katana/shuriken for a melee/ranged attack, right? Are you supposed to add your cards' attack value for melee and ranged attacks, possibly using your cards' attack value twice?

What's the proper way to spend these points? I've only played a round of Mouser Panic so far, so I'm still new. If I was surrounded by mousers and had, say, 6 total katana, I might split the points into 2 rolls of 3, so I could try to take out two mousers. Does that sound about right? Or are they all supposed to be rolled at once. Heck, could you roll them one at a time and then choose a new target once one is off the board?

OK, last question...

On the special move cards, when it says something like "+3", is that 3 more dice, or three more successful points or effective hits or whatever?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Unless something specifies otherwise, each attack icon can be used separately, or they can be combined however you want. Double-attack icons are considered a single icon, so they can't be split apart, but they are worth 2 dice.

So, for example, if you roll 4 katanas and have an Attack value of 2, you could roll 4 separate attacks of 3 dice each (1 katana + 2 Attack). Or you could roll 2 separate attacks of 4 dice (2 katanas + 2 Attack). Or an attack of 3+2 and 1+2, or a single attack of 4+2.

You never add hits to the result unless that is specifically stated. (Essentially, if something sounds like it is an automatic hit, you're probably wrong.) So special moves generally mean adding dice, not hits.

As for defense, you do not "spend" shells. They are all combined with your Defense value each time you roll to defend.

Did that answer your questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
I think so.

So you can attack as many times as you have attack icons on dice, and you can add your turtle's card's attack value to each attack... Right?

That's a lot of attack value. What's the advantage of not just attacking as many times as possible to get the most of your card's attack value?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Corbidorbi wrote:
So you can attack as many times as you have attack icons on dice, and you can add your turtle's card's attack value to each attack... Right?

Right.

Quote:
What's the advantage of not just attacking as many times as possible to get the most of your card's attack value?

Because your opponent will get to use his full defense value against each attack. So under most circumstances one full attack will have a better chance of succeeding than multiple weaker ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Ah, of course.

So nuanced. I have much to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corbin Gross
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
Oh, and thanks so much for helping clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PRSthruVOX wrote:
As for defense, you do not "spend" shells. They are all combined with your Defense value each time you roll to defend.

Do the defense shells go away after use? If Ralph rolls two shells on his action dice and is attacked twice in the round, are both shells used for each attack or only the first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Randomfleming wrote:
Do the defense shells go away after use?

No, all of them are available throughout the round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.