Subject: Situational Decisions - What to do here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing a three-player solitaire game and am conflicted (or confused) what should be Germany's ideal plan of action until the next round comes around and the dice selection is better.
(for what it's worth, First player has both yellow dice. Second player has a blue and red die. Germany has the red D8.)

Some thoughts:
Use a gray die to send the Captain back two spaces. Risky rolling Exposure twice, but this seems to be the best route until the next round comes about and try to secure the red D6 to advance the Captain with three crates.
Is there any way to get an active blue sailor in space 3 back to space 2 base camp for next round in order to get more crates?
Use a gray die to pitch a tent for the two blue sailors?
For future games it might be prudent to keep a sailor or scientist back at camp just in case the original plan's gone uh, south and they need to deliver much-needed supplies to desperate crew members.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not hunt with the leader so that hopefully one (or two) of the other crew at space 3 can start doing stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
I'm not so dumb I got a thumb But on the phone Apposable But in re-dealing on the daily road Superiority is nothing but A friendly man with monkey hands A friendly mom with monkey pawns
mbmbmbmbmb
With the pink die? I could do that, but perhaps am playing too cautiously to risk it.
I'm also realizing when I move a figure, I can carry up to x amount of crates, so it's possible just to move a character without crates.
I believe that's where my confusion lay.
blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
With the pink die? I could do that, but perhaps am playing too cautiously to risk it.
I'm also realizing when I move a figure, I can carry up to x amount of crates, so it's possible just to move a character without crates.
I believe that's where my confusion lay.
blush

We played it yesterday and what I remember you have to move at least one crate. If possible I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moving crates is optional, moving a person not.
And in case of the red/yellow/blue d8: the additional action is also optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
Moving crates is optional, moving a person not.
And in case of the red/yellow/blue d8: the additional action is also optional.

You are right, we interpreted it wrong. In the rulebook it says "[...] with up to three crates." We thought it was 1 to 3 crates, but of course you can read it as 0 to 3 crates, which probably is the right interpretation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you move with up to x crates, so can always move without any.

I might suggest that you send one of the active sailors back with the green die, and then bring him back out with some supplies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.