Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our group rarely seems be able to maintain enough group knowledge to be able to cruise through a full GMT COIN game in an evening, so we always default to the "short" game and even that is usually well over three hours. Also, I don't own any of them, so it was not until the last round that I even noticed the details of deck assembly. This variant is aimed mainly at a statistical shortcoming I noticed during the latter (the number of event cards in each propaganda round should be evenly divisible by the number of factions), as well as trying to give everyone what I see as a reasonably equal starting round and presidential terms. It also is aimed at the "shorter" game, because I am resigned to the fact that we will likely never have time for the full four-propaganda card adventure.

With this variant each player will have a chance of at least:
• 2 turns before each new Prop card can show up
• 8 turns before the second Prop card can show up
• 14 turns before the final Prop card can show up
• 18 turns max

Make the game deck as follows:

Split the deck into its four component sub-decks:
#1-18 (G first)
#19-36 (F first)
#37-54 (A first)
#55-72 (C first)

Shuffle each sub-deck, then build the game deck as follows:

[this will form the bottom-most component of the game deck];
2 from each sub-deck + 1 Prop
shuffle
place facedown

1 from each sub-deck
shuffle
place face down on the previous pile

shuffle

1 from each sub-deck
shuffle

shuffle

1 from each sub-deck
shuffle
place face down on the previous pile; this is the top of the game deck

As an additional variant to this variant, if folks think that being in the top of the first four will give you an advantage, you could bid for position in the top four cards. Do the following for this last set of four cards. Each player looks at the card that has them first in card's Faction Order. Then, using their die, each player secretly bids the number of their resources they are willing to spend on position in this four-card set. The bid will be equal to half the number selected, rounded down (i.e. 1 pip = 0 bid). After the bids are revealed, the cards a placed onto the pile face down, from low bid to high bid, with any ties getting resolved by die roll, lowest going on the bottom.
To further vary the variant of the variant, after the order has been determined, all four are kept face up and open to inspection. Vary this by having all four cards open to inspection before the secret bid. Heck, you could even do this for the four cards that appear after the first two Propaganda cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.