Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'm not sure if this should have it's own BGG entry or not but I'll post it here first.

A link to Spikey bits preview page.

http://spikeybits.com/2016/11/new-skavenblight-scramble-teas...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Demir
Germany
Bergisch Glabach
flag msg tools
Looking Sweet!

Although i fear the tails will break easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't sweat it, if the tails break, just send Games Workshop a message and you can get replacement parts for $35.00 + shipping & handling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more interested in a customised Skaven pitch and dugout than the miniatures (I already have my Skaven team). Has there been any news on those accessories? I was hoping they'd be released at the same time as the miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are rumors that the pitch will be a Skaven/Dwarves on each side. So we at least need to wait for the Dwarves releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kings
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if there will be a deck of cards in this box? (with references to all players in the team with stats)

Like the human and orc cards in the base game?

It's not mentioned anywhere, but it would be stupid if they aren't in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I've not heard if there will be cards for the other teams or star players. It looks like their rules will be in Death Zone Season 1 book.

That being said, they did come out with Hero cards for The Silver Tower game, so it's possible in a few months we see a deck of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kings
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

I really hope we get cards for all teams.

Would be weird if one team has fancy cards with all the stats. And the other team has to refer to a book or note everything on scraps of paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Price
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Just you wait.
badge
There's a million things I haven't done.
mb
TimofKings wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

Would be weird if one team has fancy cards with all the stats. And the other team has to refer to a book or note everything on scraps of paper.

While I agree it would be nice to have cards for everything, they really won't see use beyond your first few games with a team, unless you're constantly teaching new people and playing only one-off games. Generally, you'll end up making custom rosters that you'll refer to. Would be cool to have 'em, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I completely spaced on the roster sheet. Yeah it's in the book, and you can download it off the blood bowl website. You'll get more use out of the roster sheet once you start playing games.

I believe Death Zone will have rules for improving your team from game to game. At least it sounds that way.

From GW's web site

put your team roster together and play through a whole season of Blood Bowl, with all the victories, losses, touchdowns and injuries adding experience, growing your team into an unstoppable football juggernaut (possibly. If you win.)

updated rules for improving your team with the addition of coaching staff: Head Coaches, Assistant Coaches, Cheerleaders and Apothecaries;

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OmegaDestroyer wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it, if the tails break, just send Games Workshop a message and you can get replacement parts for $35.00 + shipping & handling.

I know I am completely jinxing myself here..... but... my Advanced Heroquest Skaven are still fully "Tail"d
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are plastic and part of the main body piece, I don't think they will break without a little bit of force onto them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The newish plastic that GW is using is surprisingly tough.

I had concerns about the minis in Age of Sigmar and have not broken anything with them. They are waaaaay crazier fr spikey bits than the Skaven team.

I think the Skaven box comes with a custom roster for them also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Ramsey
United States
California
flag msg tools
TimofKings wrote:
Anyone know if there will be a deck of cards in this box? (with references to all players in the team with stats)

Like the human and orc cards in the base game?

It's not mentioned anywhere, but it would be stupid if they aren't in there.

Sadly no. I just unboxed mine and the stats table to refer to is on the instructions paper. Most likely, cards will come with a set of pitches...like Dwarf/Skaven.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed. Just got mine. No cards. I'm new to GW, but this is a negative mark for me. Whatever that's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
They're more of a learning aid than an actual component needed for play. You will eventually need a roster with each player listed so that you can keep track of in-game changes and stats, anyway (if you are going to play in a league, that is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
They're more of a learning aid than an actual component needed for play. You will eventually need a roster with each player listed so that you can keep track of in-game changes and stats, anyway (if you are going to play in a league, that is).

Yeah, I get that. Still think they should have been included. Especially since I don't know that I'll play in a league. It would be considered standard in any other boardgame in my opinion. Ah well. I'll live.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they're a nice to have, but the books have all those same stats on a single page in the deathzopne book or the little packet included

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Belisle
United States
Prosser
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TimofKings wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

At first I was bummed about not having Skaven cards. I decided to make my own because of it. I've actually been having a lot of fun designing and creating cards for it. I'm making them the size of normal basketball cards, then print on cardstock and soft sleeve them. I'm actually gonna be doing it for all teams now. That way I can update and print new cards as players are upgraded. Also, adds that side hobby of card collecting on top of my board game hobby.

I imagine it being fun to see the cards, have the memories of that player, and a brief epilogue as to why they are no longer playing.

I just use powerpoint to create the cards. I have all my players' name, number and their team name on the cards. I would show a pic but am not sure how much info I can share without GW going nuts.

I'll take stats out and post a pic of one from my skaven team on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you could use dry erase if you don't want to have to make new ones every time they skill up too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Belisle
United States
Prosser
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
westcl2 wrote:
you could use dry erase if you don't want to have to make new ones every time they skill up too

I thought about doing that. It would certainly save on printing costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
also it may be of interest to you someone posted some templates in another thread

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1682103/player-card-template

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize the following is rather OCD, but regarding the Paint Bundle...

As far as I can tell, they've been entirely consistent with the official color schemes for the Gouged Eye and the Reikland Reavers, but for the Skavenblight Scramblers they apparently couldn't agree on how to do black/green/gold/red uniforms (nor skaven skin and fur). (Don't know about Duardin Dwarf Giants. Don't care, either.) Other than all three using Abaddon Black and Moot Green (in differing amounts), the 6 Essential Paints stated on the team's box, 'Dorbs Duncan's 18-paint WHTV guide video, and the official 16-pot Paint Bundle (apparently used for all promotional pictures on boxes etc.) differ wildly from each other.

The point of the matter is, I really like the general color scheme, and I think overall I like the results in the promo pics slightly better than WHTV's, but while I've made a few minor modifications to the Paint Bundle in my purchase plan, there are a couple of points that honestly confuse me and which I therefore don't know how to handle as of yet:

1. Do they have a severe surplus of Pink Horror, or why else did they think it right and proper to include it in the Paint Bundle? As far as I can tell, though, they only used it for the throwers' (fugly) tails, right? (Which are the only part of the promo pics I dislike.) So me dropping it shouldn't result in any unforeseen consequences, correct?

2. How did they do the skin? Looking at the selection, I'd say it ought to simply be a wash of Seraphim Sepia over White Scar, but maybe I'm missing something? I find the lack of any dedicated skin paint baffling, but apparently they managed to achieve an IMO appealing result, anyway.

On a side note regarding their bases, I'd say Astrogranite washed with Drakenhof Nightshade should reflect their official pitch well, yes? No?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.