Hide
6 Posts

Festung Europa: The Campaign for Western Europe, 1943-1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Vesuve & Anvil-Dragoon BH hexes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Roy
msg tools
After both the Avalanche and Anvil-Dragoon invasion events have been played, are the Vesuve and Anvil-Dragoon BH hexes adjacent in all respects? i.e. Can both Allied and Axis units use normal movement to move or attack from one to the other (excluding Axis armor if Rommel hasn't been played)? Also, are both BH hexes "in France" for the purposes of Rommel?

PS: Can Italian units enter either BH hex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
noahroy wrote:
After both the Avalanche and Anvil-Dragoon invasion events have been played, are the Vesuve and Anvil-Dragoon BH hexes adjacent in all respects? i.e. Can both Allied and Axis units use normal movement to move or attack from one to the other (excluding Axis armor if Rommel hasn't been played)?

Also, are both BH hexes "in France" for the purposes of Rommel?

PS: Can Italian units enter either BH hex?

Question 1: Not sure it was my intent but it seems harmless to allow it. It will save the Allied player an RD round if they want to get that French corps off of Corsica.

Question 2: I would say yes.

Question 3: Yes, per rule rule 8.31, final sentence.

Michael Rinella
Designer, Festung Europa
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gómez Relloso
Spain
Dobro (Los Altos)
Burgos
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Added to the FAQ file.

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That should have read "Allied player" not American player in the answer to Question 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sohn
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that I can see them doing so, but can Axis units also go between the BH hexes?

Also, even though Corsica is counted as France for Rommel, but is it counted as "continental" France for purpose of Allied card... I'm forgetting which has that wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Roy
msg tools
Right, the potentially significant case would be if the Allies don't eliminate the Axis units on Corsica/Sardinia & leave the beachhead hexes vacant (perhaps in an all out push on Marseilles b/c the Allies are in danger of an auto-loss). In that situation, can the Axis units walk from Corsica/Sardinia into the Anvil-Dragoon hex and cut off supply for the Allied units in southern France?

Also, I think "continental" means "not Corsica" on the FF Army Allied Reinforcements card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.