5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Recommend me heavy theme ameritrash game based on hobbies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Chudarek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Hi, I like d&d but Dont have a párty to play with And because Im not native speaker the roll20 wd bn difficult for me. Im looking for a game (except d&d boardgames,runebound,andor) are There any heavy thematic fantasy games, which oné would you recommend And why. I also like the Vikings series And medieval stuff, Dont want LoTR or Game of Thrones, Im looking for something unique or maybe is Descent really that good that its Worth buying all those expansions? The actuall thing which is turning me off is the final price with all So many expansions, maybe Blood rage or fire And axe viking sága would been better solution. Im open to ur suggestions, maybe ull come with a very different Games than those Iv mentioned above

Thanx for help in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heavy Fantasy adventure? Well that has to be Magic Realm! Its old, big, complicated, and hard to get into, but it is my favorite.

Mage Knight is a great second option that is miles more accessible, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
StarCraft: The Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidden Stars

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend Descent- just the base game- and try it out. You can even use the iPad or Steam application to play the Overlord so that you can play solo!

If you really like the game, you can pick just one expansion at a time every few months...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.