Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cdr Jameson
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Using Realmspeak and the White Knight i survived the month and got 16 points.
I've been trying to learn this game on and off for a while; the standard progression - MRIPE, Tutorial, Realm Speak, Rule Book. The next step is too become more familiar with magic. (although I'm going to try the rest of the non-magic users first)

I need to actually run the physical bits of the game to really become familiar with it.

But regardless very pleased to have won a game and wanted to share. This game has the best fantasy feel of any game I've ever played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on the win. Its quite the journey just learning this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats. It's such a feeling of accomplishment beating the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quantum Jack
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember my first realmspeak game, but I dont remember my first win... Probably the dwarf though. Monster slayer extrordinaire!

Still will never forget the game I got 151 fame and not mostly in 1 combat (woodsgirl and ambushing goblins plus a few bigger monsters in one go)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! What an awesome feeling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berserker in peace
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you checked out Stephen McKnight's primer on using magic? It's only 3 pages and almost noob free. With that you are ready for spells.
Much of the complexity actually comes from the rules of individual spells, especially like the shapeshifting ones (Melt into Mist, Transform, Absorb Absence).
For me Magic is also where MR shines. Each spell is very unique and detailed, almost to the point like tabletop role-playing games. The mechanics are so rich and thematic that other fantasy board games (Mage Knight or whatever) just feel colorless and too mechanical (add or subtract N, draw X, discard Y, yadda yadda).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cdr Jameson
United Kingdom
Gloucester
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, reading it now!... Just played another Realm speak game this morning to see if it was just a fluke and I survived another month although my final tally was -18 so not quite as successful. But at least I can survive now...(with the White Knight at least)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Goddard
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the club of MR enthusiasts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.