Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Erikson
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
GOO-LA-KWAH

Guhlequa is an outer god who dwells in the far depths of space. Appearing as a tall writhing mouth which undulates as he consumes time itself. Guhlequa is an immobile sentient wound in time driven only by his insatiable gluttony. It is rumored by travelers, who have approached Guhlequa from other dimensions or in visions that the closer you get to Guhlequa the slower he moves and that time around him is almost frozen for he has devoured it. The ravenous Guhlequa is able to project his Avatar to aid him in his feeding.

To summon: Pay 7 power to summon Guhlequa into an area occupied by your Great Old One and a portal you control.

Movement 0
Immobile – cannot move or be moved : Immune to pain results

Combat 0 (Guhlequa only devours time)

Devourer of Days
Ongoing effects in all areas adjacent to Guhlequa:
All actions, even 0 costs actions, cost +1 Power
Subtract 1 die from the combat dice total before rolling combat.

Ongoing effects in area occupied by Guhlequa
All actions, even 0 costs actions, cost +2 Power
Subtract 2 die from the combat dice total before rolling combat.
……

Guhlequa is powerful and disruptive. He slows, restricts and inhibits actions by his presence.

Forces conflict and activity into other areas of the map.

Can be used defensively to protect hubs of power if you cluster controlled portals and units around him.

Can be used to aggravate players by summoning him near their areas.

Can be expensive and difficult to eliminate due to power costs needed to approach and fight him.

……

Feedback and play test results encouraged.
We’ve been using Gobogeg as a stand in.

"May you sleep without dreaming" - Keeper of the Sign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diversion Architect
msg tools
mbmb
I really like this guy, but it seems like the 7 power cost is high for iGOOs isn't it and he doesn't have a spellbook/spellbook requirement.

I wonder if you could find a way to reduce his opening cost and put in some kind of requirement for the powerful effect?

Spitballing:

Awakening Cost 4
Combat 0

Base Ability:
Devourer of Days

Ongoing effects in area occupied by Guhlequa
All actions, even 0 costs actions, cost +1 Power
Subtract 1 die from the combat dice totals before rolling combat.

Spellbook Requirement:
As an action, place your controlled gate from the area with Guhelqua onto Guhelqua's Loyalty card. If you lose control of Guhelqua, the gate is lost, and the controlling figure is returned to your pool.

Spellbook Effect:
Guhelqua's Devourer of Days now extends to adjacent regions, and it's effect is doubled in Guhlequa's area.

I really want to try out some variants, but I have to wait for my O2 pledge to arrive. All I have now is the base game and a hound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Erikson
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
He is pricy to summon, we're testing him with summoning cost of 6 currently

https://petersengames.com - restocked on some expansions in the past week. I ordered a few items that I don't have arriving in O2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.