Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonia Browne
Chile
Santiago
RM
flag msg tools
mb
Hi there!

I have just received my two copies of Lunarchitect. I was wondering if the ammount of resources is enough for five players?
Any comments are welcome.

Cheers

Antonia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mokka coffee wrote:
Hi there!

I have just received my two copies of Lunarchitect. I was wondering if the ammount of resources is enough for five players?
Any comments are welcome.

Cheers

Antonia

I would call attention to a similar thread: Are Resources Unlimited?

Yes, for 5p there are almost always enough resources. In all the games I've watched, we've needed something extra ONCE. The reason this is the case is because with any number of players, it's still the same number of tiles being distributed to the players, so the resource creation is limited. Additionally, the maximum 3 stored on a tile drives another limit, and finally storing large amounts of resources often means that you can't convert all of them to points by the end of the game, and they are worthless.

So yes! 10 resources each is going to be just fine for 99% of all games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Backstabbing AND Cube Pushing
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a handful of games, but having seen the variable scoring possibilities, there will be very few situations where everyone is motivated to hoard all of their resources.

In fact, it absolutely pains me to activate a production tile that is already full--what could that phantom resource have become had I not been so wasteful?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.