Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you do that? Nothing in the rules prevent it so I guess it's legit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fardoche wrote:

Page 6 of the rules is explicit.

Quote:
White component icons, as seen on the Zeus Tiles “Statue”, “Offering”, and “Monster”, indicates “a color of your choice”.
No color can be chosen twice for a certain task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh ok. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that the demi-god cards help you keep tack of which colours you've already done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
fardoche wrote:

Page 6 of the rules is explicit.

Quote:
White component icons, as seen on the Zeus Tiles “Statue”, “Offering”, and “Monster”, indicates “a color of your choice”.
No color can be chosen twice for a certain task.
In the new version of the rulebook we added this information in the general part for actions (page 10), so it is easier to find when looking for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having now played OoD several times, I'm curious if this is truly necessary for statues? Obviously it is written in the rules so I will play that way. But as no statue task has a color requirement, you could never be blocked from completing your tasks as you could with cubes or monster. Don't get me wrong, I'm not challenging the rule, I'm more or less just wondering if the history of statue tasks once had color requirements or it was done to simplify the rule of "no same color twice."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
proclaimed wrote:
Having now played OoD several times, I'm curious if this is truly necessary for statues? Obviously it is written in the rules so I will play that way. But as no statue task has a color requirement, you could never be blocked from completing your tasks as you could with cubes or monster. Don't get me wrong, I'm not challenging the rule, I'm more or less just wondering if the history of statue tasks once had color requirements or it was done to simplify the rule of "no same color twice."
You only have 3 statues of a certain color, so it doesn't work with given colors, when you play with 4 players. This was so since I know the prototype (I'm the publisher and developer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
proclaimed wrote:

If you could pick up 2 of the same statue, then people would simply go to 1 city, pick up 2 statues, then go drop them off. That would be pretty boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.