Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Comeau
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all!

I am about to play my first game of Inis tonight. Since I will teach it to others I have a question to ask. Are discarded epic tale cards gone for the rest of the game or are they shuffled back in in the rare case there are no more available to draw?

Thank you!

Jean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that these cards are discarded face up. These are the only face up discards in the game. There are times where you might be able to retrieve a discarded Epic Tale card, so they're not removed from the game or shuffled back into the deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John K
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
The rules state that these cards are discarded face up. These are the only face up discards in the game. There are times where you might be able to retrieve a discarded Epic Tale card, so they're not removed from the game or shuffled back into the deck.

Know that their is an epic tale card that takes one from the discard and shuffles all the epic tales back together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, depleting the Epic Tale pile would mean that you have drawn all the cards (highly unlikely) and nobody played or discarded the Dagda.
It won't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Willis
msg tools
mb
Last night we played a 4 player 2 and a half hour long game of Inis and went all the way through the Epic Tale pile and no one played the Dagda. Do all the cards remain in the discard pile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, impressive! No kidding?

Just in case, the Dagda need not have been played to shuffle back all the Tales. If he's in the discard pile for any reason, shuffle back (see text on the Dagda).

In the event of an empty Epic Tale draw pile and the Dagda still in the hand of someone, then shuffle back anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Willis
msg tools
mb
Okay, thanks. One of the payers had the Dagda but kept it in hand the entire game because he was annoyed whenever we would play one on him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.