$30.00
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my group is about to wrap up the first campaign. They have all grown very attached to their heroes and have worked hard to make them stronger and more efficient. We will then dip into Twin Shadows' mini-campaign and then on to Hoth and Bespin.

So, i am pretty confident they can keep their heroes at the status they are at the end of the SWIA base campaign, since Twin Shadows is designed to be inserted into a bigger campaign anyway. But, the question is; is there a way for them to keep those heroes without resetting them for Hoth? The idea of having to replay their personal missions (the Jedi forgetting her training and having to find her lightsaber again for example) seems silly.

How have any of you done it? OR is it really just best to retire them and run 4 new ones?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
hockeyjedi wrote:
So, i am pretty confident they can keep their heroes at the status they are at the end of the SWIA base campaign, since Twin Shadows is designed to be inserted into a bigger campaign anyway.

The minicampaign is not designed to be inserted into a full campaign. The minicampaign consists of missions that can also be used in a full campaign as side missions (and agenda side missions).

Story mission balance will be quite out of whack if you go into the campaign with fully developed heroes. (Side missions less so.) The threat level and initial groups for each story mission have been selected for certain power level in mind.

However, the minicampaigns start with 3 XP and a wad of credits, so the heroes do not need to start from zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
Nothing wrong with keeping the same heroes, but their stats do need to reset- unless someone's found a way to balance all the campaigns.

If so, I'd be most interested in playing all of the big box campaigns in a row, since you're likely to run into a good number of the mini campaign missions within them anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Off the top of my head, players can stay with the same characters, if the imperial player will drastically raise the threat level.

But from what I've seen, I think the rebels already level up better than the empire overall, so the longer you keep drawing it the easier it would be for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.