Subject: Special Investigator cards – Add a second copy to the deck? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grünherz

Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
msg tools
mbmbmb
For example: I'm playing Roland. During deckbuilding between scenarios of s campaign, can I purchase a second copy of Roland's .38 Special and add it to the deck following all other restrictions?

The rules say you cannot have more than one unique card of the same name in play at the same time, but it doesn't mention restrictions on unique Special Investigator cards. The deckbuilding requirements on the back of the character do not specify that you can have only one copy of the cards mentioned.

Any insight on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Neff
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruenherz wrote:
For example: I'm playing Roland. During deckbuilding between scenarios of s campaign, can I purchase a second copy of Roland's .38 Special and add it to the deck following all other restrictions?

The rules say you cannot have more than one unique card of the same name in play at the same time, but it doesn't mention restrictions on unique Special Investigator cards. The deckbuilding requirements on the back of the character do not specify that you can have only one copy of the cards mentioned.

Any insight on this?

From a designer, posted on cardgamedb http://www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php?/topic/33253-freq...

4) Investigator-specific cards
- Can I include a second copy as part of my standard 30 cards deck? It's basically a normal neutral card, the only restriction being which investigator can include it in a deck. I didn't find any rule that would explicitly prohibit this.

You cannot. It’s not technically a normal neutral card, since it has no level. Roland, for example, can include level 0-5 neutral cards, but cards with no level at all can only be included if something explicitly allows you to (in this case, the Deckbuilding Requirements section of his card). Same goes for scenario specific story-assets; if you earn a specific asset thanks to a particular scenario resolution, you can’t include a second copy of that asset by purchasing another copy of that expansion.

(Note: the templating of investigator-specific cards printed in the core set is actually identical to that of normal level 0 neutral cards, i.e. the area for xp pips is still present under the cost. This will be fixed in future printings of the core set to to use the same templating as story assets.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradford Lounsberry
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the link, but FFG clarified that only 1 copy of those cards is allowed.

EDIT: There we go ^^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grünherz

Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
msg tools
mbmbmb
Excellent. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.