4 Posts

Escape from Colditz» Forums » General

Subject: Board misprint on 2016 Edition? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gene Miller
msg tools
mb
Just got the new version this week and ran a play-test through it and noticed that on the lower left escape path (below the barracks) there is a space that requires a German Pass. However it isn't specifically blocking the path over the bridge. Basically you can go around it by passing over the guard post space directly above it. I assume the space was to be printed one space to the left so that is blocking the bridge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shirtman wrote:
Just got the new version this week and ran a play-test through it and noticed that on the lower left escape path (below the barracks) there is a space that requires a German Pass. However it isn't specifically blocking the path over the bridge. Basically you can go around it by passing over the guard post space directly above it. I assume the space was to be printed one space to the left so that is blocking the bridge?

Definitely not a misprint. It's the same on the original 1973 mapboard. I'll need to look over the rules to see if it's obvious how that's handled I haven't played in years so I just don't recall offhand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the board design, old & new, required the security officer to
really think about where she needed to place her limited number of guards,
this is one of them ... Walts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Gingrich
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a picture of the section in question. Old board on top of the new board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.