United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the Tibus Solo Challenge once now with each hero.
The games were pretty one sided. The closest was when I won with the Fighter. Overall I think Hero Realms is more balanced against a runaway leader than Star Realms is, but still suffers.

My results:
1) Tibus 36, Wizard -4
2) Tibus 36, Thief -5
3) Fighter 22, Tibus -1
4) Tibus 27, Ranger -1
5) Cleric 93, Tibus -17

The Cleric is uniquely designed to have the best chance specifically vs. Tibus. Her healing allows her to string the game out long enough to start getting ally combos and crush him. The Wizard and Thief never stood a chance. I thought the Fighter was going the same way when he caught a break, then was able to finish Tibus off using his Crushing Blow along with a big red card. The Ranger had a chance at the beginning, then Tibus drew 2 huge guard cards in successive turns. The Ranger Head Shot one of them, but couldn't fully recover.

BTW, I played with just the 10 card hero starting decks, I didn't use the treasure cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmb
How does this feel compared to the dreaded Nemesis Beast? I strongly dislike the Nemesis Beast solo. I like the Pirates better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C B
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
flying
badge
dutchman
mbmbmbmbmb
Razoupaf wrote:
How does this feel compared to the dreaded Nemesis Beast? I strongly dislike the Nemesis Beast solo. I like the Pirates better.

I only have the base Star Realms, so I can't answer this question, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmb
Noted. Thanks anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayme Thysell
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
It's at least as difficult as the Nemesis Beast. I played about a dozen games last night against Tibus; I won 3. It takes a lot of luck. Tibus can deal massive damage right away if the cards come up in the right way. He clobbered me in 3 turns once.

I'm going to try playing HR against the Star Realms bosses tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am Abomination
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jthysell wrote:
He clobbered me in 3 turns once.

Yikes, I hate when this happens. It's not fun to set a game up and then not be able to play it all because of random draws.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.