Subject: Damaged cards right out of the box rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have many FFG products and have always been super impressed with the quality, so I don't mention this just to flame them. The game is awesome and it's the first time it's happened to me with them.

Both of my 'Dreams of R'lyeh' are not only warped in that they have an S-curve in them, they are also heavily dented in the corner. I could clearly see the damage through the plastic bag they come packaged in inside the box. Unfortunately being Treachery cards it makes them stand out a mile in the deck. I do sleeve, but with clears.

Not sure if the picture shows it clearly but here it is

The dented corners are creased enough so that manipulating the cards will never remove the damage. How are FFG about this kind of thing? All other components were totally fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just contact them and they should be able to send you replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timbar wrote:
So I have many FFG products and have always been super impressed with the quality, so I don't mention this just to flame them. The game is awesome and it's the first time it's happened to me with them.

Both of my 'Dreams of R'lyeh' are not only warped in that they have an S-curve in them, they are also heavily dented in the corner.

That is shocking really. Contact FFG and have them replace them in my opinion. Of course, the elder gods might not like the fact that your investigators are trying to overthrow them but it's worth a shot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had, weirdly, the exact same card messed up in my copy (though only one). I sent a request in yesterday and was notified that a replacement shipped this morning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't surprise me actually, I bet it was a mishap coming off the manufacturing line or during packing. In any case I raised a request on the FFG website, sounds like they're getting onto it pretty quickly which is great news.

All the other cards look... amazing cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
If you still want to be able to play the third scenario before the replacement cards arrive, you only have a 1 in 4 chance of randomly drawing the encounter set that includes those two cards for inclusion in the encounter deck for that scenario. So you still have a 75% chance of randomly drawing one of the other three encounter sets and still being able to play the third scenario without any trouble from the damaged cards.

QUOTE (from the setup instructions to scenario 3, which should not be a spoiler since it is just a part of the initial setup for the scenario): "Randomly choose one of [the] following 4 encounter sets: Agents of Yog-Sothoth, Agents of Shub-Niggurath, Agents of Cthulhu, or Agents of Hastur...Without looking at the chosen encounter set, shuffle it and the remainder of the encounter cards together to form the encounter deck. Remove the other 3 encounter sets from the game."

The two damaged cards are from the Agents of Cthulhu encounter card set, so you can still use any of the other three encounter sets for the game. I've played that scenario six or seven times already, and I think I only drew the Agents of Cthulhu encounter set only once or twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the explanation Eric, looks like the impact of missing those two cards until replacements arrive will be pretty low

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a quick update, received the new cards today, mailed in a nice rigid mailer. Very quick turnaround.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were going to get a damaged card it's lucky it was from that encounter set. Chances of it coming up are fairly low anyway in setup due to the random nature of that scenario and you could just ignore that set entirely when doing setup and the scenario would still be perfectly functional.

Good to hear they responded so quickly with a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard back yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update to be fair to FFG, they emailed yesterday to say replacements are in the mail
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.