Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Sweden
Solna
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks awesome! Netrunner + Android + Legacy...

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/11/termin...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Ducharme
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great move. Netrunner appeals to many boardgamers who aren't interested in keeping up with a competitive metagame. This is perfect for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super psyched!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
OOMG OMGG THAT LOOKS AWESOME!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I had managed to kick my addiction, this makes me think I may be jumping back in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
The missing product number!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Denby
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
And I'll form the Head!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this and I'm super excited for this.

From what I can tell this is for 2 players to work through right? Not some weird automated single player thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
lukedenby wrote:
Just saw this and I'm super excited for this.

From what I can tell this is for 2 players to work through right? Not some weird automated single player thing.

Looks like it's for two players to play from the same card pool. One player is corp and the other runner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PAD board looks like it's supposed to function similar to the character cards in Pandemic Legacy. There are places for various modifications as the characters advanced through the campaign.

Relationships ~ ethos effects
Upgrades ~ skills
Scars ~ cautions

These elements plus the sealed card packs and branching decisional narrative structure seem to be FFG's take on the Legacy format, which could make for a very engaging addition to the Android universe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the legacy aspect of it in that once you play it once, you can't play it again because you have permanently altered the game. But does anyone have any speculation on what the gameplay might be like? I'd guess that since it only requires a core set, you would be required to use some of the cards from the campaign expansion and then build the rest of your deck from core set cards, and play matches where the new cards would force certain interactions that tie in with the story, earning new cards along the way based on certain milestones or achievements. Totally spitballing here, but was curious if others have seen anything like this in other games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just wondering if the legacy system really enhances this game, or is it just a gimmick? $60 list price is a lot for a disposable campaign.

I happily destroyed my Risk Legacy and scoffed those who tried to save their components, but... if the stickers are just a gimmick that you can easily work around while saving the components, I'm considering preserving the game this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hipsu wrote:
I'm just wondering if the legacy system really enhances this game, or is it just a gimmick? $60 list price is a lot for a disposable campaign.

I happily destroyed my Risk Legacy and scoffed those who tried to save their components, but... if the stickers are just a gimmick that you can easily work around while saving the components, I'm considering preserving the game this time.

In this case, the cards themselves are all (or at least mostly) tournament legal, so won't be destroyed or edited as the campaign is played.

It seems like the box comes with essentially two aspects:

- a deluxe expansion's worth of new Netrunner cards usable in all your normal decks;

- a campaign with an unfolding two-sided narrative and stickers to help maintain state between games.

The latter aspect may or may not be worth replaying, depending on what it turns out like, but I imagine it'll be easy to recreate albeit with the surprise aspects of it gone. I'd certainly suggest keeping records of the stickers as you go to mean you could redo it easily if you choose. Tere may also be some specific non-tournament legal cards that get stickered or destroyed, but those could easily be proxies to old state. There probably won't be anything like the Pandemic Legacy board or similar to make preserving and replaying the campaign aspect a challenge- and even if there is, you're not going to be destroying your other aspect of the set (the normal Netrunner cards) so you've still got lasting remaining value!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:
In this case, the cards themselves are all (or at least mostly) tournament legal, so won't be destroyed or edited as the campaign is played.

Where did you read that the cards are tournament legal? That might be true but I honestly didn't infer that from the preview. It seems like there is a distinction between the past deluxe expansions (which generally focused on two factions) and this "campaign expansion" (which apparently will include cards from Criminal, Shaper, Haas and Weyland). If true, it's an interesting but lop-sided way of increasing the card pool.

Although the list price is $60 you'll also need to purchase a core set if you're a new player. I could see where FFG uses the campaign to unlock various Runner and Corp cards, which then replace some in the core set- this might be their way of issuing Core 2.0 for veterans as well as new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

Where did you read that the cards are tournament legal? That might be true but I honestly didn't infer that from the preview. It seems like there is a distinction between the past deluxe expansions (which generally focused on two factions) and this "campaign expansion" (which apparently will include cards from Criminal, Shaper, Haas and Weyland). If true, it's an interesting but lop-sided way of increasing the card pool.

Although the list price is $60 you'll also need to purchase a core set if you're a new player. I could see where FFG uses the campaign to unlock various Runner and Corp cards, which then replace some in the core set- this might be their way of issuing Core 2.0 for veterans as well as new players.

The product page states it is tournament legal.

It is lop-sided, but this could easily be corrected by a second such expansion featuring the other factions. After all, the overall pool was imbalanced in terms of card counts from the release of Creation and Control through to Data and Destiny. Alternatively, it could be a feature rather than a bug- note no Anarch or NBN cards just as they have complete dominance in the meta.

I can't see this being the method for creating 2.0 though, except possibly as a precursor to releasing an actual 2.0 including some of these cards. The way to keep building your player base is not to release an additional $60 product required on top of your existing core set still required in multiples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reference, and I did read the product page but thought it was a roundabout way of saying these cards would be tournament legal.

Quote:
...the expansion provides a massive infusion to your standard, tournament-legal Android: Netrunner matches with 163 new cards (86 Corp and 77 Runner) divided between the Criminal, Shaper, Haas-Bioroid, and Weyland Consortium factions, as well as neutral.

I did note that we'll get 3 of each relevant card in this set:

Quote:
With its four new identities and a complete playset of each new player card, Terminal Directive comes with everything you need to grab your Core Set and enjoy a thrilling campaign full of cyberstruggles and meaningful decisions.

What does need clarification is whether or not these cards will remain persistent like those from the deluxe expansions, and therefore NOT subject to rotation. I see your point about Core 2.0, and applaud FFG for reaching out in this way to support casual and veteran players alike.

And for the record: I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE MRSP- BUT...

I would be curious to learn more about the pricing structure of this product as it relates to previous releases. The other deluxe expansions contained 165 cards for $30 while the narrative campaign will deliver 163. I presume that some stickers, two player boards and a rulebook don't cost $30 themselves.

[Edit: spelling, grammar and cost mini-rant]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you get $60? Are you including a price of a core set as well?

Personally, I think this is a great way for people sitting on a core set, like the game, but aren't tournament players to enjoy the game casually with another person. Nice way to cater to both casual and competitive players. I'm sure they'll continue with more campaign expansions in the future if this one does well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
koraldon
Israel
holon
flag msg tools
mbmb
ACGalaga wrote:
Where did you get $60? Are you including a price of a core set as well?

MSRP 60$: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/android-netru...
Asmodee for the win (cash grab)

If it was 60USD including core set, that would have been great. But it is 100USD... I can get both Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 and Arkham Horror: The Card Game for the same price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:

I would be curious to learn more about the pricing structure of this product as it relates to previous releases. The other deluxe expansions contained 165 cards for $30 while the narrative campaign will deliver 163. I presume that some stickers, two player boards and a rulebook don't cost $30 themselves.

[Edit: spelling, grammar and cost mini-rant]

Don't forget that this (presumably) is a product with a lot more development and testing behind it than the deluxe expansions, having to come up with and work out a greater number of cards (numbers suggest IDs are in singleton format, so this actually has 57 compared to the normal 55 new cards) and moreover the new format and interactions throughout.

Double the price in value? Bit of a stretch still. But don't forget you're never just paying for components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's unfair to cringe a little bit at the aggressive price point on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
LeonardQuirm wrote:

The states it is tournament legal.

Also confirmed by Damon Stone:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mauigreen wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

Thanks for that confirmation- good to know. Are they subject to rotation, though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maui Chris
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
Valentino Rossi Fan
badge
get this ball
mbmbmbmbmb
tommygunn2011 wrote:
mauigreen wrote:
LeonardQuirm wrote:

Thanks for that confirmation- good to know. Are they subject to rotation, though?

Damon's reply to the rotation question:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Roman
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So scanning the Stimhack forums it is possible I have miscalculated...

IF the 163 cards (86 corp and 77 runner) are unique, then we actually have >450 cards (assuming complete playlets of 3 each), which would bring the price in line with the $60 MRSP and past precedent with the other deluxe expansions.

Which is great.

Then I got to thinking that the initial card balance among the deluxe sets is challenging enough, and we're now releasing twice that potential into the card pool at the same time. Get ready for some duds and some future members of MWL 3.0. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksi Hynönen
Finland
Jyväskylä
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't put my hopes up for 163 totally new cards. Most likely there'll be 2 new corp and runner identities and 3x 28 corp cards and 3x 25 runner cards. The extra price comes from additional components like player boards and stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spyros Gkiouzepas
Greece
THESSALONIKI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RolexiH wrote:
I wouldn't put my hopes up for 163 totally new cards. Most likely there'll be 2 new corp and runner identities and 3x 28 corp cards and 3x 25 runner cards. The extra price comes from additional components like player boards and stickers.

Fantasy Flight Sleeves: 4x Silver. I think it's 50 sleeves per packet so more likely 163 physical cards.

60$ is a bit much really...

I will buy it anyway, but I really do not like the price tag
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.