Subject: Article about the lost Norse rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Svedas
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an article from the ScienceMag to set some thematic background for the game. It explains why the Norse settlers in Greenland have disappeared.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/11/why-did-greenland-s-v...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another BGGer posted this same article in another thread, Why did Greenland’s Vikings disappear?, a couple of hours ago.

The article is an interesting read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Nothing new but a nice overview. Strange they do not mention how the composition of the settlement changed in itheir latter years. Perhaps showing how the younger generation went back to Iceland.

It's no wonder the Inuit at the the time of Egede had little to say about the Norse; they lived further north.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any interest in a new 4-player edition of Greenland, to include the Sea Sami?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Gottwald
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Do you plan any changes, besides adding 4th player?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
istvankohany wrote:

I plan some card corrections, and the addition of some rules errata. If there is enough interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
istvankohany wrote:

I plan some card corrections, and the addition of some rules errata. If there is enough interest.

I for one already have greenland 1st and 2nd edition + sea sami expansion while only playing 2-3 player games.
Not sure how you're going to get reliable interest gauge from the forums, Phil.

edit: read the article and found nothing really new, just more details on the matter. interesting read none-the-less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Gottwald
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Pdfs to sleeve would be enough for me, but you should ask in dedicated thread, I think. Maybe there is market for 3rd edition, boardgamers are known for throwing money at publishers :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carduelis
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
Is there any interest in a new 4-player edition of Greenland, to include the Sea Sami?

Yes there is. Since I just recently found out about your excellent games and I can't find it anywhere I'll be must interested in a new edition of Greenland.
Thank You.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall COBB
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I would at least like a reprint of the Sea Sami! Not to keen on paying 119 euro for the expansion on the secondary market!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roel van der Hoorn
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:
istvankohany wrote:

I suggest splitting the negotiations and attacks phase, i.e. so it becomes more explicit. This is currently a relatively confusing part of the game rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:

I held off hunting for a 2nd ed, because of this now not certain 3rd ed.

as for the 4th race. to me that depends on how it plays. having not played the game myself, people here on the geek say 3 players is the best player count by far. if the sami added to the player count options with decent play i think it's a great idea.

especially as neanderthal plays well at 2 but also tops out at 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
abodi wrote:
phileklund wrote:

I held off hunting for a 2nd ed, because of this now not certain 3rd ed.

as for the 4th race. to me that depends on how it plays. having not played the game myself, people here on the geek say 3 players is the best player count by far. if the sami added to the player count options with decent play i think it's a great idea.

especially as neanderthal plays well at 2 but also tops out at 3.

The Sea Sami expansion was only available in very few numbers and it only works with the second edition so I doubt many will have had the opportunity to play 4 players. So I would definitely take the recommendation with a grain of salt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Tams
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phileklund wrote:

I would buy it despite owning the latest edition of Greenland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.