Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand the rule which says you cannot use a leader to unify 2 or more kingdoms. However, I have questions about two related scenarios.

1) Can you place a leader in a spot between two or more kingdoms? It is clear to me that this would not unite the kingdoms; but can you still place him there?

2) If a conflicts or disaster tile break up a single kingdom, leaving the leader as the only remaining link between two areas of the original kingdom, does this mean there are now two separate kingdoms? The answer to this would matter if one of these areas/kingdoms was attacked through external conflict. Could the leader use tiles from the areas/kingdoms on both sides of him toward that conflict?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bigeeh wrote:
I understand the rule which says you cannot use a leader to unify 2 or more kingdoms.

No, actually you don't. Sorry.

Quote:
However, I have questions about two related scenarios.

1) Can you place a leader in a spot between two or more kingdoms? It is clear to me that this would not unite the kingdoms; but can you still place him there?

No. That's the whole point of the rule that says you cannot use a leader to unite kingdoms. Placing a leader in a spot between two kingdoms WOULD unite them, except for the fact that you can't place him there to begin with because you can't use a leader to unite kingdoms.

Quote:
2) If a conflicts or disaster tile break up a single kingdom, leaving the leader as the only remaining link between two areas of the original kingdom, does this mean there are now two separate kingdoms? The answer to this would matter if one of these areas/kingdoms was attacked through external conflict. Could the leader use tiles from the areas/kingdoms on both sides of him toward that conflict?

For purposes of determining what constitutes a kingdom, a leader counts as being a special "tile." Any group of contiguous tiles that contains any leader is a kingdom, even if that leader (being a special "tile") is the only link between certain sets of those contiguous tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bigeeh wrote:
Could the leader use tiles from the areas/kingdoms on both sides of him toward that conflict?

Forgot to answer this. The answer is "yes, he can" because it's still all one big kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
What Nate Straight said. Leaders can never be placed as to unite kingdoms, but they can certainly end up being the only link between tiles within a kingdom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest S
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification. Looking at a leader as a “special tile” is helpful for me. Then it becomes more obvious to me that he would actually unite two regions/kingdoms vs. just occupying the space between two kingdoms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Lewandowski
Poland
flag msg tools
voynix wrote:
What Nate Straight said. Leaders can never be placed as to unite kingdoms, but they can certainly end up being the only link between tiles within a kingdom.

does this means also that when removed he breaks kingdom in two separate ones ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a leader is the only link between two groups of tiles and he is removed then you have two seperate groups of tiles. Each group is only a kingdom if there is a leader in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.