Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throwing this out here, as it may inspire some of you. This storage solution is by no means perfect, but I did think out some handy things, like grouping the attacker's pieces and defender's pieces together. But for instance the compartments for wood and hourglasses may prove a little cramped. We'll see.

I don't have plans for it, as I just built it as I went. I'm very pleased with the total height. Box is filled to the brim and the lid fits very nicely!

I used 5mm thick foamboard. The bottom layer is in one piece, 25mm high (5mm foamboard base and edges of 20mm on top). The top layer are 4 seperate parts, 17mm high (5mm foamboard base and edges of 12mm). I keep the original rulebook (v1.0) below all inserts so if you don't have that I guess you could make the upper layer a few mm higher. On top I keep the board, rulebook v1.2, some player aids and the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cunningham
United States
Milford
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't, you should add this to the Foamcore Insert Geeklist: Foam core insert modifications
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Ward
England
Salford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks great, planning on doing this for my new copy as it has a lot of components!

Not used foamcore before, what's the best thing to glue it together with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hailoh wrote:
Not used foamcore before, what's the best thing to glue it together with?

A glue without solvents (as they will eat through the foam). Let your hardware store personnel advise you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Scothern
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Craft paper glue, solvent free, e.g. http://www.uhu.com/en/products/paper-glues/detail/uhu-klebef...

Many come in glue-pen form, which are easier to work with.

A thin application is best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.