Subject: LGG at WBC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Deal
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
I will be attempting to run the grand campaign, in it’s entirety, this summer in the open gaming section of the World Board Game Championships (the week after Historicon at the Host). I’m hoping for six players with the roles split up as follows.

Player 1: French Military
Player 2: British Military, Entente Naval Forces, and Entente Diplomacy.
Player 3: Russian Military, Entente Technologies
Player 4: German Military (western front)
Player 5: German Military (eastern front), Centrals Naval Forces, and Centrals Diplomacy
Player 6: Austro-Hungarian Military, Centrals Technologies

Players will also be responsible for the political aspects of the nation whose military they are controlling. In the case of Germany this can be either a joint process between the two players or controlled by one or the other.

These are the alignments I plan on using, but nothing is set in stone. I am open to suggestions. I will be creating various player aids in order to cut down on the volume of rules that need to be memorized, and try to keep things moving. I am also looking for someone with prior experience with the game to play as well as assist in GM duties. I have played several scenarios and played midway through 1915 of a campaign game, but this will be my first attempt at the whole Grand Campaign and I could use some help on the rules side of things. My plan for now is to start the game sometime Thursday evening and play through the weekend in an attempt to get this monster played. Since I will be setting up in the open gaming area, with the exception of lunch breaks and a few quick rests here and there, the game will be need to played basically continuously through the weekend (not overnight, obviously). With this in mind please only contact me if you are willing to commit the time and energy necessary. If you are interested in playing please contact me at Michael_Deal@umit.maine.edu. Positions will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis.

p.s In the interest of full disclosure I should let everyone know that I am a 19 year old college student, and while I hope this would not effect anyone’s decision to play the game I am aware that it may be an issue for some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Johannesson
Sweden
Malmoe
Skane
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow... great initiative. I wish I lived in the US...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
come read articles and talk games on therewillbe.games
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, did you ever get this going? This game does look very cool. AAR it if you got it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Deal
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
I didn't... but I plan on getting it played in the near future. I'm taking a european millitary history class this semester so I'm thinking I'll recruit some players from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls