10 Posts

Lancaster: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date for USA OLGS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Lancaster Big Box has been on pre-order forever at the major OLGS in the USA. Oddly enough I see it for sale in other countries... even in North America OLGS like Board Game Bliss. Anyone have any news on a release date in the USA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjy Simpson
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No news I can share, but I feel your pain. I've had it on preorder since May / June with the release date pushed back repeatedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Skillman
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
After 2 requests for info from Queen Games for an update, I haven't received a response. I'll cancel my preorder at the end of the month if I still haven't received a response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been clinging to the hope this would release before 2016 is over. That hope is beginning to fade.

I just sent an inquiry to Asmodee NA concerning this game and the release date. If/When I receive a reply then I'll update this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg

Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For sale on Amazon.com right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtSagara1001 wrote:
I've been clinging to the hope this would release before 2016 is over. That hope is beginning to fade.

I just sent an inquiry to Asmodee NA concerning this game and the release date. If/When I receive a reply then I'll update this thread.
Update for anyone else monitoring this thread: 13 days later and I never received a response from Asmodee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked CoolStuffInc.com when they expect to have it in stock. This is their reply:

"We currently expect to release Lancaster big box sometime next year."

They show an expected price of $58.99.

----------------

Before I got the reply from CoolStuffInc, I also asked Miniature Market, which had this reply:

"Regretfully, we have not received any confirmed release date from the manufacturer on Lancaster: Big Box. The latest information from Queen Games is that they do hope to have it to retailers by the end of year but that is still subject to change."

Miniature Market has an expected price of $57.29.

----------------

Amazon:

This is truly bizarre.

Lancaster the non-Big Box version:
About two weeks ago I looked and noticed the price of this. It started at $50.36. Then it bounced around in the $40 to $50 range. Then they had a "deal of the day" on this for $32.59. Then it went back to $50. Then it bounced around some more. And today it is selling for $26.

Lancaster Big Box:
About two weeks ago it was listed for about $60. Then every couple of days it went up by a couple of dollars until it reach a high in the upper $70s. Then it started back down again at a similar rate. And it kept going down, to $59, to $58, then $56. Until suddenly today it is at $44.75.

Weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Jacobs
United States
Henderson
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is very weird. I ordered it since it dropped to $44.75, but Amazon sent me the regular version and not the big box version. So I returned it. Don't know if they really have the big box version or not. I didn't want to order another one to find out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are other threads about the Amazon sales (lots of Queen stuff has been at fire sale prices over the last week), and some people have reported properly getting the Lancaster Big Box as ordered. There's probably confusion at the warehouse, but if you order it, and they give you the wrong one, they'll give you the right one eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill K
United States
Unspecified
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mtjake wrote:
Don't know if they really have the big box version or not.

They do. I ordered it and got the big box version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.