Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the new piece design, but I have noticed that the pieces can stick together when nested. This happened several times over our game of Volcano tonight where one of us would lift a cap and another piece would come with it. I have also had a couple of smalls nested in mediums that were completely stuck and I had to beat them on the table a bit to knock the small loose. I have never seen this issue with my pointier pieces, and I was wondering if others are having a similar experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mary T.
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only got a set of Kickstarter green pyramids, but I noticed that too. They stick a bit when nested or in trees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually did / do have that problem with the old pyramids, occasionally. Usually a small nested in a medium . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had trouble when the pieces were nested. I never had the problem with the older pieces.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't got my copy yet, but could it be because of the double sided pips?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How frequently is this happening? How easy to get them back apart? I didn't back this but have been planning to get it and this may have me decide not to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have this happen with the new pieces but not the old ones.

It doesn't happen often, and it isn't particularly hard to separate them. You just have to knock them against the table a little and they come apart. I'm hopeful that it'll stop happening as the pieces get a little bit of wear on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forehead wrote:
I haven't got my copy yet, but could it be because of the double sided pips?

I suspect it is.

I had two of the pieces stuck together out of the box which were a pain to separate. Since then, any sticking issues were extremely minor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:
How frequently is this happening? How easy to get them back apart? I didn't back this but have been planning to get it and this may have me decide not to.

I had to forcefully shake them apart initially. I think that they did not stick much after the first play or two, but I can't remember.

Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sweeney
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It happened to me a bunch when I first started using the new pieces. Since then though, it has been happening much less. I'm hopeful that it's more just the surface material rather than the pips, and that repeated handling is smoothing it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OutOfHabit wrote:

Don't let this be the deciding factor, it's a minor issue. In fact, saying that it's a minor issue might be making to big a deal out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Specht
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MStone wrote:
OutOfHabit wrote:

Don't let this be the deciding factor, it's a minor issue. In fact, saying that it's a minor issue might be making to big a deal out of it.

Thanks. The responses have assured me there's nothing to fret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malachi Brown
United States
Hermitage
TN
flag msg tools
It's turtles all the way down.
badge
“Questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself.”
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeweeney wrote:
I'm hopeful that it's more just the surface material rather than the pips, and that repeated handling is smoothing it out.

Or maybe just residual release agent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.