Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFP just announced a new kickstarter exclusive hero for this project in honor of Veterens Day. It's a really cool Trederran hero. Anyone on the fence may want to check it out. Also in the update, they have sculpts of the scourge undead which are really great looking.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
I love these guys:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! That makes 3 exclusive heroes. I love his look, old west mixed with his Trederran uniform. Will work well with either old west or Japan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Nice! That makes 3 exclusive heroes. I love his look, old west mixed with his Trederran uniform. Will work well with either old west or Japan.

I like the mash-up as well. WW2 isn't one of my favorite themes—though I'm still looking forward to getting Trederra—but there's something about a cowboy in an alien gas mask that I find really cool. Much better than a straight Trederran look for the hero fig I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Trederran uniforms better myself.

My hope is that with the Faction deck to choose from when creating a Trederran hero we can have a few of them running around together in a posse. After all, with the expansion I'll have plenty of Trederran figures to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
FFP just announced a new kickstarter exclusive hero for this project in honor of Veterens Day.

I think it's more that they had this as a SG and are now offering it for free -- much like the social goal they had earlier -- to bring back the momentum they lost. They're also offering a gameplay add-on, to help raise funds:

"We've also just added the OtherWorld: Trederra Deluxe Expansion to the Add Ons section for Forbidden Fortress backers who may want to add this exciting new world to their games. This expansion was part of the original Shadows of Brimstone Kickstarter and is fully compatible with Forbidden Fortress."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
jurney85 wrote:
FFP just announced a new kickstarter exclusive hero for this project in honor of Veterens Day.

I think it's more that they had this as a SG and are now offering it for free -- much like the social goal they had earlier -- to bring back the momentum they lost.

That could be. Or they put it together quickly since they have on-staff artists to make a sketch. It was a great idea since we've seen a slow move forward the past few days and having 3 exclusive heroes is going to probably bring back the more panicky people that dropped the past week.

It's been a tough first week with all these other high profile Kickstarters running at the same time. It's probably not going to go gangbusters until the last 48 hours but I expect it will do a slow burn up the next few weeks.

It does blow my mind how many KS users panic at the slightest dip. I remember the exact same thing happened to Space Cadets: Away Missions. Backers freaked out, but the campaign recovered in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel that adding the Trederra expansion for $70 was an odd move by the Frogs, since you can get it for $65 right now on Amazon with prime shipping.
Perhaps its a good deal for some international buyers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
ScottE wrote:

I like the mash-up as well. WW2 isn't one of my favorite themes—though I'm still looking forward to getting Trederra—but there's something about a cowboy in an alien gas mask that I find really cool. Much better than a straight Trederran look for the hero fig I think.

More like WWI IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

I feel that adding the Trederra expansion for $70 was an odd move by the Frogs, since you can get it for $65 right now on Amazon with prime shipping.

Most International buyers are automatically priced out of any add-ons on this project, because all add-ons are shipping directly from the US, and therefore cost both extra shipping charges and customs charges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
grendelsbayne wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

Most International buyers are automatically priced out of any add-ons on this project, because all add-ons are shipping directly from the US, and therefore cost both extra shipping charges and customs charges.

Is this true? This is what it says on the campaign site:

"Extra Add-on items are US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia Friendly. They will be packed and delivered to our distribution centers in the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia (at our expense) and then shipped to individual Backer addresses from within the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia for Backers in those regions."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Lieberoth
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
grendelsbayne wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

"Extra Add-on items are US, EU, UK, Canada, and Australia Friendly. They will be packed and delivered to our distribution centers in the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia (at our expense) and then shipped to individual Backer addresses from within the EU, UK, Canada, and Australia for Backers in those regions."

Nick Smith is wrong.

They changed it so add-ons will ship out from local hubs in CAN and EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Michalski
United States
West Homestead
PA
flag msg tools
rcmoore4 wrote:
grendelsbayne wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

Yes they did get friendly shipping for addons so no customs, but you still have to pay for the shipping for the addons, but so does everyone else. No free shipping, and addons are still being shipped at a later date.

Edit: got ninja'd...how appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

That's gotta be it.

Looks like the Amazon supply could be running dry. Only 10 left in stock, last time I looked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jurney85 wrote:
FFP just announced a new kickstarter exclusive hero for this project in honor of Veterens Day...

I think this is totally a smart move for FFP as it gives more incentive to back. I know some people don't like KS exclusives and in the original there was only the Outlaw. But by adding another exclusive (and a super cool one at that!) it makes being a backer more rewarding. Since I think Trederra is the best expansion yet, I'm glad that they added this. (And included in Sumo as well!)

Good to see pledges finally getting past the $680K mark.

ScottE wrote:
It's been a tough first week with all these other high profile Kickstarters running at the same time...

Scott, I'll probably regret asking but what other high profile Kickstarters?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Florio
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Deep Madness, Mythic Battles and the 24th Kingdom Death will join the run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andvice wrote:
...and the 24th Kingdom Death will join the run.

Oh yeah, I told my son that he can't go to college anymore as I'm taking the withdrawal hit on his 529 college fund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fnorbl Fnorblobson
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friedmutant wrote:

Well, at least in Germany, nearly everything Shadows of Brimstone has three states: expensive, insanely expensive, not available anymore.

"Expensive" means that a small expansion is 30€ to 40€, a medium one is 50€ to 60€, and then it goes up. Core games are more readily available and priced at 100€ upwards.

Expansions like Trederra are currently at "insanely expensive", meaning that Amazon lists that stuff for 300€ or more, which, of course, nobody will pay.

So for german SoB players who don't have the expansions from the Kickstarter have threeoptions:
- play some other coop dungeon crawler
- pay lots and lots of money for the stuff still available or sometimes to be found in your LFGS.
- attempt to find the stuff used from people who gave up on SoB because of the prices

Considering that, this Trederra expansion for 70$ in the Kickstarter is a good deal. Since I personally don't like that setting though, I won't buy it.

Edit: this is also the reason why making existing expansions available would probably boost the current campaign a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jurney
United States
Tooele
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

I think it's more that they had this as a SG and are now offering it for free -- much like the social goal they had earlier -- to bring back the momentum they lost. They're also offering a gameplay add-on, to help raise funds:

Hard to say if that's the case or not. The Tredarra world doesn't really fit the Japanese theme at all and really had more to do with the original campaign than this one. It has helped momentum a bit though as we are no longer in the $675k roller coaster we had been in for several days. This is really a brilliant addition though for many reasons. First, anyone that was thinking of not backing for whatever reason now has reason to reconsider. Those that have backed but don't have the Tredarra otherworld yet now have an incentive to add it for a decent price (although not for a steal).

I mentioned the other day that I thought the campaign could use a KSE and Canadian friendly shipping to gain some momentum that the campaign was missing and they have done both. I'm not if it was in direct response to my comment, but glad to see both have happened so far!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-b...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Smith
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lieberoth wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:
grendelsbayne wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

Nick Smith is wrong.

They changed it so add-ons will ship out from local hubs in CAN and EU.

Really? That's good. I knew they worked something out for Canadians, but I didn't realize they had changed to customs friendly shipping for everyone.

Having they given any indication yet what kind of shipping costs they'd be asking (for Add-ons)?

Edit: looking at the page I can see the added info quoted in the shipping section, but the risks and challenges section still says this: - Extra Add-ons added beyond the Pledge Rewards and Stretch Goals will be packed separately on a per backer basis and shipped from the US to allow backers to add extra items without slowing down the main project delivery timeline.

Not that I'm doubting they changed it or anything, just curious if anyone's contacted them to point out that their front page needs to be changed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bumyong wrote:
andvice wrote:
...and the 24th Kingdom Death will join the run.

Oh yeah, I told my son that he can't go to college anymore as I'm taking the withdrawal hit on his 529 college fund.

Good call! Who needs college?

My funny college story- Took me 5 years to finish my degree, go on my first job interview at a small video game developer. He looks at my resume and tells me he doesn't care about my education. Stayed there for 13 years.

Surprisingly I never backed the original KDM. Odd for me, at that time since I was backing a ton of stuff. A little more picky now. But I don't plan to back the new one since I've got a metric ton of Shadows of Brimstone, plus Sword & Sorcery & Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift coming. And my game group has a dozen more dungeon crawls. I'm trying to consolidate to a few just because we don't have enough time to play what we already have! Pesky life and work get in the way.

Reminds me I also have a huge complete Mage Knight Dungeons collection gathering dust taking up a whole shelf. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orya wrote:
Friedmutant wrote:

Well, at least in Germany, nearly everything Shadows of Brimstone has three states: expensive, insanely expensive, not available anymore.

Interesting! I want to visit Germany someday and have been teaching myself the language, thanks initially to Rammstein.

I should stuff my bags with SoB to help pay for a trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.