GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,869 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Lincoln's War» Forums » General

Subject: Offical "revamped" rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A little confused with the various rules updates in the files - were the official revamped rules I've read about ever released? I notice MMP didn't have any downloads.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Ramsey
United States
Grove City
OH
flag msg tools
badge
Hush
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Wade's file Lincoln's War Living Rules is the current official rules set. I'm about to dive into the game for the first time myself, and these are what I'm going to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hmmm, I saw those as well. Curious it's not up on the MMP site. I will be using those also...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dillon
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules that came with the game are an absolute mess. Use Wade's rewrite of the rules, you will be happy you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Where the heck did this interest in WW1 come from?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mb

I didn't even realise the updated version had been released into the wild. Glad to hear it. Not going to buy it though until I have played someone else's copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wade's rules rewrite ARE the latest. He and Chris Juel did an excellent job. Lincoln's War remains my favorite design and my favorite game to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129970/lincolns-war-livin...

Hi guys.
Since they did the BGG interface update I'm not sure how the file sections are organized but it appears that it's not by date. Is there a way to sort by date?

Anyway, I think the link above was the latest version of what we came up with. Although I did have MMP's blessing to do this, I never submitted the latest version to them. John Poniske, the designer and my friend, had asked me to do this. It was all out of love for his game and design. It really is a very good game. It just needed some help.

I hope you all give it a try. I'm sure you'll like the game after you wrap your head around the rules and play it a few times. If you have questions about anything let us know. I will be happy to answer them.

Regards,
Wade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

May I ask, were there rules changes, or was it simply a reorganizing of the rules themselves.

Thanks! Game is set up, looking forward to going through it and then finding someone to play...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Osprey
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Errg...Argh..
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:

May I ask, were there rules changes, or was it simply a reorganizing of the rules themselves.

Thanks! Game is set up, looking forward to going through it and then finding someone to play...

It was a major overhaul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Osprey wrote:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/129970/lincolns-war-livin...

Hi guys.
Since they did the BGG interface update I'm not sure how the file sections are organized but it appears that it's not by date. Is there a way to sort by date?

On the files page looking to the Right. Page has

Files [s p a c e] Hot Recent English Upload

Select Recent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.