Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. The cards that have written on them in red saying that they can b sold for four florin instead of two; does this only apply if you sell it from your tablaue, or can you sell it from your hand at the higher price as well?

2. Can you choose to sell Old Maid Queens tucked under your player card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolaj Brucker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
E3 says about selling cards:"The card sold must come from your Hand or your Tableau." I'm pretty sure it's the same with the ability card.
Given the fact that an old maid queen is in your tableau, too, I would say you can sell the card like other tableau cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except that it's not clear to me if the card's text can affect anything (let me increase the cost I sell the card for) if it is not in play in your tableau. In the three games I've played this far that's the way we have played it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
The glossary mentions that abilities are only in effect when in your tableau and unsilenced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the assumption i was coming from. I only ask to get a definitive answer because one of the "Steal the Crown' coronation cards hard it written on it, and since it didn't have any prestige or any other abilities I couldn't for the life of me think why you would add it to your tableau.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyrill Melai
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Once I could recite whole episodes of Dexter's Laboratory.
mbmbmbmbmb
Theft of the Holy Crown? Get the Empire of Hungary out of the stack to add to your tableau then "ransom" the card for 4 gold. Otherwise play as old maid to sell for 4 gold. I think the glossary is rather definitive in that from your hand it will sell for only 2 gold. Also, the card is sporting a Catholic prestige icon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kidder
United States
Martensdale
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, one of my stupid mistakes was to think that because "Theft of the Crown" didn't have a picture or name of a queen on it that it wasn't a queen. It is, the chess piece symbol is on the card's upper left. For some reason i just thought that this (and the other card like it) were somehow different form queens. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.