Popular Tags: My_sessions [+] [View All]
Cliff
United States
Western Great Lakes - Owashtinong Aajigaaning
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This session might be worth noting for noting how demonstrating a new game generally went with three generations of family sitting around the table. My son, my father and his girlfriend and I sat around to play an open hand game. My son and I had already played several times.

A few interesting things to note was that:

-it's pretty interesting to see different people react to something like the variety that violet building cards offer. And most expressions looking like 'Whoa, so many (or too many) choices' and/or 'What the hell do these mean?'

-Kudos, to my dad's girlfriend for sticking out most of the game with a game she had a heluva time trying to figure out. I even let slide a draw from the general deck to help point up her chapel. She was having a hard enough time trying to figure out production buildings. She eventually, but cheerfully folded.

-My dad, a veteran game player, is pretty fun taking his time figuring out a card, checking it twice and giving us plenty of time to chat and socialize during his turn.

My son won and did so without many Special-6 buildings. And my dad was willing to try again some other time. Now, the question remains will my dad's girlfriend return the next time we say we're playing. I intend to encourage her but that perhaps something different. I guess I'll have to pull out 'Ticket to Ride' instead of 'Caylus.' At least, for the next time, and if she shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls