Subject: Few more questions after second game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Can an archer shoot into an area where enemy and friendly models are both located?

As overlord when you activate a group they can all attack different targets if so desire correct?

On the ship board the overlord ship has stairs that go up a level, I presume that is the only way to enter that level and I presume it is elevated for archers? Also, I'm guessing the other ship is not elevated as has no stairs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can fire where there are friendly units.

Elevation only heels adjacent spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:
Can an archer shoot into an area where enemy and friendly models are both located?

Yes.

eddieharr wrote:
As overlord when you activate a group they can all attack different targets if so desire correct?

Yes.

eddieharr wrote:
On the ship board the overlord ship has stairs that go up a level, I presume that is the only way to enter that level and I presume it is elevated for archers? Also, I'm guessing the other ship is not elevated as has no stairs?

The scenario does not specifically mention elevation. There is debate about this in other threads. As written, at least in English, in the Hunting the Tigress scenario there are NO elevation changes in the ships. Other scenarios might describe some (not that i recall, but i haven't read them all).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this should be a hindered shot though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elevation is a general game rule, not a scenario specific one so, unless there is some special terrain (like the tables added to one of the bar scenarios, cannont remember its name) elevation will not always be mentioned.

Its a 'players decide' rule; if you feel something should be elevated then rule it as such. There are certainly some spaces on the ships board that look like they might be elevated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:

Hindering is only if there are enemy models in the same area as the shooter; the target area does not count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Italy
Venice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eddieharr wrote:

As elevated zone should be (ideally speaking) specified by the scenario, there's no way, for example, in the Hunting the Tigress scenario to go up a level. But ranged attacks into the stairs area (those coming from below deck) gain an elevation bonus. The question remains whether or not you also gain a melee bonus from adiacent areas (i think you don't), but in the Wrath of Anu scenario you do from the bar and it's a faq cleared up by Monolith. I hope they'll add this to the revised rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardAnt wrote:
Elevation is a general game rule, not a scenario specific one so, unless there is some special terrain (like the tables added to one of the bar scenarios, cannont remember its name) elevation will not always be mentioned.

Yes, but: every scenario in which elevation is relevant specifies which areas are elevated (and, often, their effects, e.g. how much damage one takes when falling off them). If they're not mentioned, then, officially, they're not elevated in that scenario (or someone forgot to document it), in which case:

CardboardAnt wrote:
Its a 'players decide' rule; if you feel something should be elevated then rule it as such. There are certainly some spaces on the ships board that look like they might be elevated.

Indeed, but i strongly recommend against doing so unless your group (A) is just into adding more complexity to what is intended to be a smooth-flowing cinematic game and (B) the group clearly spells out, before play, the exact effects of each elevation change, to avoid misunderstandings like, "hey, you don't get an extra Ranged die from there!".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardAnt wrote:
Major Mishap wrote:

Hindering is only if there are enemy models in the same area as the shooter; the target area does not count.

True, but we know that the printed rulebook is more often than not incomplete or just wrong, also makes 100% perfect sense to be hindered if friends are fighting the target, no?

But play the game as you will, its what we are all having to do anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
guinch Nudrevil
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In v2 rules, each map will be described with its specific rules and line of sight. That will be more streamlined. In the meantime search in other scenarios using that map maybe or decide with other players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Harr
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is fantastic news!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.