$15.00
$20.00
$30.00
$5.00
Michael Collins
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello fellow board gamers, my name is Michael. My wife and I are looking for some laid back new members to join our private gaming group.

We currently hold our sessions in our townhouse that sits on the boarder of Torrance and Carson right off the 110 freeway. There are 3-6 of us consistently and are looking to expand up to 10-12 total members.

This is a regular group that meets ever Saturday from noon to night. We have day jobs and we love to spend our weekends partaking in our hobby, playing board games/RPGs. Although not all Saturdays will be required, we hope with the numbers of members we are looking for we can accommodate for a small turnout to a full turn out for flexible planning and awesome gaming sessions. Of course, some days may be cancelled due to unforeseen events but this will be conveyed far in advance as humanly possible.

We generally order food pooling together the cost and can either get things such as pizza or take out as well as making runs to the grocery store for various snacks or prepare meals in-house ourselves (apparently I am good cook). You can even bring your own food and not worry about it at all, we are extremely flexible.

Here are some key attributes to keep in mind of the group as well as what we desire in prospective members:

- Mature group, not for children

- Liquor and Long-Bottom leaf friendly (never required, of course, but some enjoy the Old Toby)

- Preferably couples but not required

- Age range between late 20's to early 40's (My wife and I are 32)

I am a writer and we are a very opened minded. We enjoy stimulating and horison expanding conversations without confrontation. We are very understanding to all walks of life and enjoy diversity in spirit and mind.

If we sound like the group you have been looking for feel free to send me a PM or e-mail me at phoenixcalm@gmail.com - be sure to put in the subject line "Gaming Group". Let me stress, our main purpose is to have fun with cool and mature people, if this sounds like your cup of tea hit me up! If this post seems a bit intimidating but you are thinking "man, this sounds perfect but I don't know if they will like me", absolutely drop me a line! Make sure to tell us about yourself, your interests, and what kind of person you are.

Side Note: We currently have a 5th Edition DM and a Keeper for Call of Cthulhu working on original campaigns - if this in particular sounds cool to you and want to be a part of a static group that may meet outside of saturdays as well than this is the spot for you. We are, ultimately, looking to build long lasting and rich friendships.

Our gaming library is pretty varied including games such as:

[IE = Including Expansion(s)]

Dead of Winter (IE)
Betrayal at House on the Hill (IE)
Five Tribes (IE)
7 Wonders (IE)
Catan (IE)
Carcassone
Robinson Caruso (IE)
Eldritch Horror (IE)
Burgundy
Viticulture Essential Edition (IE)
Lords of Waterdeep (IE)
Roll for the Galaxy (IE)
Cosmic Encounter (IE)
Game of Thrones the Board Game 2nd Edition (IE)
Scythe
Deception: Murder in Hong Kong
Imhotep
Tokaido (IE)
Sheriff of Nottingham
Samurai Spirit
Bang! The dice game
and more...

We also have a variety of 2 player games such as:
7 Wonders Duel (IE)
Neuroshima Hex 3.0 (IE)
Star Wars Rebellion

And LCGS such as:
Ashes Rise of the Phoenixborn
Game of thrones 2nd Edition

If you have games you want to bring and are willing to teach then hell yeah that is cool with us. If any of these games sound cool but you don't know how to play, no worries! We are experienced teachers and are always willing to get you up and running.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PhotoJoeCA
United States
Bellflower
California
flag msg tools
Would a person have to commit to being present more than maybe one or two Saturdays every couple of months (I'm a single parent and free time to game doesn't come as often as I might like.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Collins
United States
California
flag msg tools
Nope! Whenever you can make it you can come, I will make sure to keep everyone posted via e-mail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.